Memory: 4096MB RAM
Card name: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter
Manufacturer: (Standard display types)
Chip type: NVIDIA
DAC type: NVIDIA Corporation
Device Type: Display-Only Device

I have NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400

Sponsored links

Depends on the game you want to play. You will need to use speedhacks and dont be surprised when you cant play the more demanding games. Ultimately you have a weak laptop, but the less demanding games should be playable.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
The CPU is only a dual core and on top of that it's got a low clock speed. Four GB of ram is not bad.

PCSX2 is very demanding on the CPU so I am not sure how well it will work out.
Your laptop can virtually run no game at enjoyable speed. The GeForce Go series are integrated, right?

Btw, you should download and install the correct driver for your graphics card.
I got some games working at 40 FPS (PAL version target speed is 50 FPS) on my old laptop with extreme speedhacks, I bet that I could squeeze even more out if I just knew how to tweak everything for my favour Laugh

My laptop specs:
1.9 Ghz dual core (AMD Turion TL58 X2 Mobile)
4 Gigs of RAM
Geforce 8600M GS (underclocked)

If your GPU is even slightly more powerful than mine, then you should be able to get slightly better results but the game selection will be pretty narrov.
Excl Note to self: learn to write shorter posts
(04-15-2013, 08:10 AM)Thewonderboy Wrote: I got some games working at 40 FPS (PAL version target speed is 50 FPS) on my old laptop with extreme speedhacks, I bet that I could squeeze even more out if I just knew how to tweak everything for my favour Laugh

My laptop specs:
1.9 Ghz dual core (AMD Turion TL58 X2 Mobile)
4 Gigs of RAM
Geforce 8600M GS (underclocked)

If your GPU is even slightly more powerful than mine, then you should be able to get slightly better results but the game selection will be pretty narrov.

7400 is no where near as good. Do note that unless rendering the video frames is what's causing your slowdown (IE, a slow GPU) then using PAL versions of games won't make games play closer to full speed. They'll (except in the case of shoddy porting to the new region) simply just run at a lower FPS while maintaining the same average speed (40/50 is about 80%, you'd expect the same game but NTSC version to play at 48/60, so the results would be smoother but still be just as "slow")

Simply put, whether the internal refresh rate is 50 or 60, you still are emulating the entire PS2 console and everything the games use to run. The only difference is the final frame output which is one of the least demanding steps in the whole emulating the PS2 business.
[Image: 2748844.png]
7400 Go is way worse then your 8600M GS :0 8000 series are the DX10 cards from Nvidia Smile
Quote: 7400 is no where near as good.

(04-15-2013, 08:53 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: 7400 Go is way worse then your 8600M GS :0 8000 series are the DX10 cards from Nvidia Smile

Im not really tech savy but where can you tell he has 7400 GPU ? Does the part in CPU's name "T7400" mean he has a 7400 ?

Either way, my 8600 is sack of shaz Laugh

It overheats and melts my heatsinks off even though its factory underclocked (I think it was originaly around 700mhz but now its 500...).

I had to mod it. Now it doesnt go over 84 celcius (EVER) and 90 is the "pain limit" where it starts to automaticly underclock. Now I just have to take care of CPU overheating and creating painfull ambience temp >.>

So Im highly doubting 7400 is that much worse Tongue
(04-15-2013, 09:46 AM)Thewonderboy Wrote: Im not really tech savy but where can you tell he has 7400 GPU ? Does the part in CPU's name "T7400" mean he has a 7400 ?

(04-14-2013, 06:04 PM)Nemell123 Wrote: I have NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400

Right there.

And the 8600m gs is definitely better than the go 7400.

You can use these to compare.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeFo...143.0.html

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeFo...707.0.html
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
(04-15-2013, 10:12 AM)Dante3hs Wrote: Right there.

And the 8600m gs is definitely better than the go 7400.

You can use these to compare.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeFo...143.0.html

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeFo...707.0.html

Haha, I dont know how that went bellow my radar Laugh

But I dont believe in 8600's capabilities at all, besides my specs differ from those given in that website.

My clockspeeds are all lower, core is only 500.

I have only 256 mb dedicated memory but it can use shared up to 1300'ish mb (page says that 8600m gs cant even use shared memory).

Still, PCSX2 requires more on the CPU part so I supose my underclocked 1.9 ghz dual core which tends to overheat doesnt really help at all. Im not even sure if it runs 1.9 because I try to prevent using "max performance" power mode, overheating starts after few minutes.

Ps. How much does the OS eat up performance ? I have Vista and OP has W8 which I believe should be lighter ?

TL;DR
OP's CPU should allow him to play some light games at better performance than my toaster.