How important is the single thread rating?
Hello,im indecided about which cpu is better for pcsx2 between i3 7100 and i5 7500.
i5 is almost 100€ more than i3 and is cleary better in general,but i3 have better single thread rating (2232 rated vs 2121 i5 rated).If i choose i3 i can get a better gpu for my pc (gtx 1050),if i choose i5 ill get a minor gpu (gt 1030) because my budget is limited xD.So,which choice is better?Considering that the i3’s choice is 10€ cheaper than i5’s choice Smile

Sponsored links

STP is very important, however both of those CPU's have a good STP and the i5 will provide an extra 2 cores, which allows you to make good use of the MTVU speedhack which can bring huge performance improvements.

So yes you should be fine mostly with either CPU, but in heavier games, MTVU can help, so you have to ask yourself, is that performance improvement worth €100?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(02-25-2018, 05:20 PM)refraction Wrote: which allows you to make good use of the MTVU speedhack which can bring huge performance improvements.
That really depends on the system. I hardly ever get a decent improvement from the MTVU hack.
(02-25-2018, 05:20 PM)refraction Wrote: STP is very important, however both of those CPU's have a good STP and the i5 will provide an extra 2 cores, which allows you to make good use of the MTVU speedhack which can bring huge performance improvements.

So yes you should be fine mostly with either CPU, but in heavier games, MTVU can help, so you have to ask yourself, is that performance improvement worth €100?
The problem is: i3=i can get a better graphic card (gtx 1050); i5=i can get only the gt 1030.At the end the difference is only 10€(i3+gtx1050 is cheaper than i5+gt 1030).Which is better?Better cpu and low gpu or better gpu and low cpu?
I would honestly wait a bit for prices to go down, right now is a bad time to buy PC parts regardless. You might also be able to afford both if you wait Smile
(02-25-2018, 05:24 PM)FlatOut Wrote: That really depends on the system. I hardly ever get a decent improvement from the MTVU hack.

I get improvements in many games, GT4 is a good example of a game I get a nice performance boost.

(02-25-2018, 05:47 PM)CK1 Wrote: I would honestly wait a bit for prices to go down, right now is a bad time to buy PC parts regardless. You might also be able to afford both if you wait Smile

I agree, right now is a terrible time to buy a graphics card and anything that involves buying new RAM. If you can hold off until the prices get a bit more sane, you will be able to afford something better.

It might also be worth looking at the second hand market, you might get lucky with a 900 series GPU for a decent price.

(02-25-2018, 05:59 PM)refraction Wrote: I get improvements in many games, GT4 is a good example of a game I get a nice performance boost.
I get just about no extra performance in GT4. Turning on MTVU used to actually reduce the framerate by a couple of FPS...
(02-25-2018, 06:03 PM)FlatOut Wrote: I get just about no extra performance in GT4. Turning on MTVU used to actually reduce the framerate by a couple of FPS...

Well I dunno what's wrong with your system then, I gain about 20-30 FPS by enabling MTVU Tongue

Edit: Here's some pictures attached to prove it, I've written "MTVU" at the top of the one with MTVU enabled.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Seeing your answers,i think its better buy a better cpu and a cheaper graphic card for now,and in future ill get a better gpu for a good price,is it right?
Well see if you can get an older GPU for a better price. If you can get an older GTX 960 or 970 for the same price, go for that, it'll be much better. (just be careful of dodgy fakes, avoid ones with stock images, especially if they put a flag on the picture)