How improved is the current source compared to r3878?
For those compiling the builds on a regular basis, I'm curious to know how improved the current version is compared to the last beta release. I need to install and configure a number of SDKs in order to compile the current source and I'm wondering if it's worth my time.

Have there been any significant updates to GSDX? Are there significant graphical issues fixed? Is there a noticeable difference in frame rate on your computer between the two?

Any info would be good. If it seems like people are suggesting it's worth it then I'll spend the time, otherwise, perhaps I should wait for the next release.

Sponsored links

I've noticed a ~10 fps improvement from the beta (or around that time)

I should also mention that's just with the PCSX2 core app, I used the same plugins to compare things.
I don't think we have any FPS changes (rather for the worse, if any).
We mainly worked on the GUI, stability of some operations, translations, etc.
All that "surrounding" stuff, not the core emu itself.
You can always find already compiled PCSX2 on net to test it your self. *removed*
No links to unofficial builds please. Good job i checked too, my AV flagged up a javascript virus on that site you linked.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-04-2011, 11:49 AM)Game Wrote: You can always find already compiled PCSX2 on net to test it your self. *removed*

(03-04-2011, 11:52 AM)refraction Wrote: No links to unofficial builds please. Good job i checked too, my AV flagged up a javascript virus on that site you linked.

yes good job game
Ups,sry.Forgot it was a rule.
(03-04-2011, 11:21 AM)rama Wrote: I don't think we have any FPS changes (rather for the worse, if any).
We mainly worked on the GUI, stability of some operations, translations, etc.
All that "surrounding" stuff, not the core emu itself.
Yes, agreed. I went ahead and compiled the current build as of early yesterday and found no speed improvements.

That's fine... everything runs fairly well, I'd say... the thing that appears to need the most work is GSdx. It appears to be lagging behind not in terms of speed, but in terms of accurately rendering the games in hardware mode. I'm quite sure the fixes that remain are difficult to repair, but I'd say that's the only thing PCSX2 is missing.