How many cores?
I was just wondering how many cores in CPU does PCSX2 support? only 2? or maybe it supports 4 cores aswell? Im thinking about buying phenom 2 x4 so i wonder if all cores would work with emulator.

Sponsored links

Pcsx2 currently supports only 2 cores. Spreading the emulation process across more cores is tricky due to the tight sync required by the different components of emulated PS2 hardware. We're working on expanding the support to 3/4 cores, but it may be a while yet before it happens.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
this question has been asked for a million time next time use search or read faq
(04-26-2009, 04:10 PM)Air Wrote: Pcsx2 currently supports only 2 cores. Spreading the emulation process across more cores is tricky due to the tight sync required by the different components of emulated PS2 hardware. We're working on expanding the support to 3/4 cores, but it may be a while yet before it happens.

=O

*tries not to get too excited*
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
As Air says PCSX2 Supports only 2 Cores.
--------------
Note: This question has been asked too much times why u guys dont search.

[Image: devilmaycry4wallpaper09.png]
unless your use a software renderer.. correct?
Core i7 920 D0 @ 3.8GHz
Asus P6T Deluxe v2
G.SKILL 12GB PC3 12800
Sapphire HD7870XT 2GB @ 1100/1500MHz
EVGA GeForce GT 430 1GB
OCZ GameXStream 850W
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Cooler Master HAF 932

(04-26-2009, 07:33 PM)Blaze Wrote: unless your use a software renderer.. correct?

No. Software renderer is GSDx's domain. Has nothing to do with PCSX2 itself.
right but i ment the whole process of emulation would only benefit from more cores IF you use the software renderer.
Core i7 920 D0 @ 3.8GHz
Asus P6T Deluxe v2
G.SKILL 12GB PC3 12800
Sapphire HD7870XT 2GB @ 1100/1500MHz
EVGA GeForce GT 430 1GB
OCZ GameXStream 850W
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Cooler Master HAF 932

(04-26-2009, 07:36 PM)Blaze Wrote: right but i ment the whole process of emulation would only benefit from more cores IF you use the software renderer.

Well, It has less bugs than the hardware one but is slower of course coz everything will have to be done by a processor. Dunno how's that beneficial Smile
(04-26-2009, 07:36 PM)Blaze Wrote: right but i ment the whole process of emulation would only benefit from more cores IF you use the software renderer.

And even then, only the i7's it seems are able to run games at acceptable speeds in software mode(but they apparently run several games at full speed in software modeTongue)
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.