How resource heavy is AA?
I never really been able to use AA especially on high quality games like Star OCean 3, DBZ Budokai 3, etc etc. It just kills the fps if I enable it. Its either add AA and lower the native res or just turn off AA altogether. Is AA unoptimized in the emulator? Or is this as good as its going to get?

System specs...

I5 3570 4.5ghz
2GB 6950
8GB 1.6ghz RAM
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3

Sponsored links

Have you tried FXAA..?
AA in pcsx2 is buggy at best and have never been recommanded to be used as far as I know that has not changed But then I use FXAA since PCSX2 got it as it look just as good if not better and performs better. Best to use FXAA Or a shader in the Custom GSDX topic
How do you activate fxaa? Ive never really looked into it and would like to test it out since im doing another play through of KHII atm and will probably play through FFX-2 afterwards.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
pageup
Does it stay active each time you open/close the emu, or do you have to hit pageup every time?
only if u add FXXA=1 om the GSDX.ini other wise it off by default
Ah k thanks. Ill test it out first, if im happy with the results ill adjust the ini. Will make it alot easier since I dont always want to grab my wireless keyboard when my laptops hooked up to the tv lol.
I jsut notice on 3D games you don't need AA anyways on hardware. Heh...
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
(07-06-2013, 06:52 AM)fade2black001 Wrote: I jsut notice on 3D games you don't need AA anyways on hardware. Heh...

You never NEED AA (indeed, PS2 games were never designed with it in mind) that said, on some games MSAA works quite nice. FXAA will work on every game without glitches (though it can and will muddy textures slightly, and the overall result is usually not as great as MSAA) and is generally fairly light on your GPU. FSAA/SSAA offers the best results, but requires a GPU with massive bandwidth (it's accomplished by making the display resolution higher than your monitor's resolution, usually by using native 4x or higher).
[Image: 2748844.png]