How to: Keyboard Controls
Question 
I just had a quick question, I don't know if I installed this PCSX2 wrong or not, but when I try to use my keyboard, nothing happens. Did I accidentally do something? Do I have to set up the controls manually? If so, some help would be greatly appreciated.

What are the default control settings for PSCX2?
Where can I set the controls up?

I guess that is all. Thank you very much!

....I feel like a noob. Laugh COOL.

Sponsored links

From the main PCSX2 window:

Config -> Controllers (PAD) -> Plugin Settings...

There is a tab for controller 1 and 2. Go to the tab for one and... Well, I'll stop making you feel like a noob now. Wink
Well, I would rather feel like a noob than not be able to use a product.

I literally got this not too long ago, based on a recommendation from a friend saying that I could play PS2 stuff on my computer. It took all I had to try and figure out how to 'dump' my PS2 BIOS on here.

So Pad1 is my main controller port right? When you click the buttons, is there supposed to be a corresponding computer key that shows up? Cause... I got nothing.
Yes, Pad1 is. When you click a button (say, the "X" button), you then need to press the key on your keyboard you want to act as that button.

BTW - Did your friend also tell you that your PC could handle the emulator? It does have some serious requirements. What are your CPU and GPU in your PC?
(05-22-2011, 07:29 AM)Rezard Wrote: When you click a button (say, the "X" button), you then need to press the key on your keyboard you want to act as that button.

*facepalmfacepalmfacepalmfacepalmfacepalmfacepalm

Thanks.

Blush

I can just find a list of all the button configs online right? Because the list is allllll blank.
You just need to set a key for each button that is on a PS2 controller.

[Image: pcsx2keys.png]

Go through each one of the buttons in the blue box and set each to a desired key on the keyboard. When every key is asigned as shown in the red box, then you have it all configured. Make sure you "Apply" changes. Smile

(Note: In my screen shot, the "PC Control" column is showing my physical gamepad's buttons. Your's will show the keyboard keys you have asigned.)
(05-22-2011, 07:57 AM)Rezard Wrote: You just need to set a key for each button that is on a PS2 controller.

[Image: pcsx2keys.png]

Go through each one of the buttons in the blue box and set each to a desired key on the keyboard. When every key is asigned as shown in the red box, then you have it all configured. Make sure you "Apply" changes. Smile

(Note: In my screen shot, the "PC Control" column is showing my physical gamepad's buttons. Your's will show the keyboard keys you have asigned.)

Hi Um I Tried What You Told Him To Do But It Doesn't Let Me Set It So I Need Your Help Smile Please Help Me I Really Need Help And I Am Trying To Play Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix So Help Me Please Smile
please make your own thread this thread is more than a year old ... Smile