How to Uninstall and Re-install USB Drivers on Windows 7 (PS2 Controller Issues)
I've been using PCSX2 on Windows 7 for a while with an adapter that allows me to use my controller for the games I play. Today, the adapter didn't seem to work correctly. I would plug it into the USB port and then it would turn itself off. The adapter wasn't physically damaged in any way, so I searched for a problem. The first ones I came across were USB Drivers on my computer. After some exploring, I thought I would share the solution I found with everyone.

Step 1: Click on the Start button and type "Device Manager" into the text box that says "search for programs and files." Device Manager will appear at the top of the start menu. Click on it.

Step 2: The Device Manager window is open.

[Image: 14npvdc.jpg]

Click on Universal Serial Bus controllers. This should open a series of options. If any items are gray, delete them. In my case, I had to uninstall and reinstall all the drivers. Fortunately, there are only two.

Step 3: Double-click on one of the Intel options (or whatever equivalent option you have on your computer).

[Image: nfqkaw.png]

Select "Uninstall." The computer will ask you to confirm this selection. Confirm it, and your USB driver will be deleted.

Step 4: Now that the driver is gone, we have to put it back. Click on the start menu and click on Control Panel. This is below "Games" and "Computer." With the Control Panel open, click on "Find and Fix Problems" or "Troubleshooting." They both go to the same place.

[Image: 2zfnbkh.png]

Step 5: Click on "Configure a Device." Windows will automatically re-install the USB driver that you deleted. In my case, this resolved my problem with the PS2 controller adapter no longer sending input to the computer.

Sponsored links