How to acquire 60fps (or faster) for Final Fantasy X
Okay, so I got this new laptop, and decide I want to play Final Fantasy X except my game keeps freezing right before the S.S. Liki fight with sin. I got my copy already (seriously) messed up, so I guess it was just a matter of time before it finally crapped out. So then I'm like "Okay, I'll just play it through PCSX2 on my new laptop." PCSX2 worked on my dad's laptop, with a bunch of other games, but I never tried Final Fantasy X, because I never needed to. The most I have been able to get FFX (it is NTSC version) to run at is 50fps, but only right in the beginning when it loads up. It drops to 30-40 when the actual game starts. My computer specs are;
Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
Model: Satellite C855
Rating: 3.9 Windows Experience Index (I guess this means it is a fairly decent laptop or something)
Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU 847 @ 1.10GHz 1.10GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00 (3.88 usable)
System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor.

I have two versions of PCSX2 on my laptop, the 1.0.0 version, and the 1.1.0... I don't know if they're both official or not, so that is why I put both. Please help, I'm getting pretty sick of super slow-mo :3

Sponsored links

Your CPU is very very VERY low performance, you won't ever get 60 fps
Quote:Processor: IntelĀ® CeleronĀ® CPU 847 @ 1.10GHz 1.10GHz
no chance it'll work at playable speeds with that CPU... Better play it on your PS2 for now.

read this for more info : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Wi...y-computer
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
But it keeps freezing at the sin fight on S.S. Liki! WERE YOU NOT READING????????

Also, It is Windows 8 laptop Tongue
can you pelase post the emulog.txt after the freeze ?
And ffxii works at 60fps... what gives? I understand that they are two different games, but doesn't ffxii have better graphics and require higher grade pc?

Ok, just as soon as I google emulog.txt ... (Computer literate, but not really that well)

Oh, no, I mean it keeps freezing on my ps2, not laptop, the most I have gotten it to run (at a constant, but I changed the settings trying to get it to 60, and then forgot what it was at, like an idiot) is 55fps...
Soo... Am I getting any more feedback?
I don't get it.
what are you looking for exactly ?
support about the slowness or support about the freeze that happens only on your PS2 ?
Support about the slowness... I can live with 55fps if that is the fastest it will stay, but I would prefer a full 60fps... Also if you can help with the PS2 freezing, that would solve my problem completely.
Never mind, I finally found one that helped me get it back to 55fps, it is liveable