How to apply a translation patch
Hello, I am new here and have basically no idea what I am doing when trying to apply a language patch. More specifically, I am trying to put an English translation patch on FFXII International ZJS. What I have right now is the game, which I can run just fine (in Japanese, of course), and then I have a translation zip file on this page right here.

Now I am absolutely clueless what to do at this point, so it is not safe to assume that I have any sort of software or whatever that may or may not be required to do something. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored links

(06-18-2013, 07:37 PM)Sabith Wrote: Hello, I am new here and have basically no idea what I am doing when trying to apply a language patch. More specifically, I am trying to put an English translation patch on FFXII International ZJS. What I have right now is the game, which I can run just fine (in Japanese, of course), and then I have a translation zip file on this page right here.

Now I am absolutely clueless what to do at this point, so it is not safe to assume that I have any sort of software or whatever that may or may not be required to do something. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#1, this isn't a PCSX2 issue, it belongs in off topic (for future reference!)

#2, from the readme included with the patch...

Quote:FFXII Int: ZJS English Conversion Patch by ffgriever v0.22

Usage: zjs_repack [-h] [image_eng [image_zjs [image_output]]]

You can just make sure that you have "ff12us.iso" and "ff12zj.iso" in the
same directory as the main executable. Then just double click the patcher
and wait until it's done. You can specify the required filenames, if you
want to (you can specify only the first one, first two or all of them).
The default output file is "ff12engzjs.iso".

#3, again for future reference, maybe ask next time in the forum you got the patch from.
[Image: 2748844.png]
You must have the original English version of the game and the Japanese zjs version.

Just place them both in the same place(don't remember if the naming is case sensitive when use the above names)and double click on the patcher.
You must also have enough free space(it was ~9 or ~4.5gb...don't remember)
Fair enough, I will take those things into consideration in the future, thank you! And I saw the readme, but I was a bit tripped on on a few things due to my complete ignorance on the issue. While I have you here, could you help me clarify a few things?

Quote:FFXII Int: ZJS English Conversion Patch by ffgriever v0.22

Usage: zjs_repack [-h] [image_eng [image_zjs [image_output]]]

You can just make sure that you have "ff12us.iso" (1) and "ff12zj.iso" (2) in the
same directory as the main executable (3). Then just double click the patcher (4)
and wait until it's done.

(1): Is this a separate iso I need to get that isn't the FF12 international ZJS iso?
(2): This, I assume, is the game that I can currently run (in Japanese).
(3): What is referred to as "the main executable"?
(4): Is the patcher the zjs_repatch in the zipped file that has the readme and bin + temp folders?

(06-18-2013, 08:53 PM)vsub Wrote: You must have the original English version of the game and the Japanese zjs version.

Just place them both in the same place(don't remember if the naming is case sensitive when use the above names)and double click on the patcher.
You must also have enough free space(it was ~9 or ~4.5gb...don't remember)

Oh, so I must also get the original FF12 game onto my computer?
both the original ones (Japanese and English)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-18-2013, 09:13 PM)jesalvein Wrote: both the original ones (Japanese and English)

So as in the Original Japanese FF12 international ZJS game and then the standard FF12 US version?
that's it
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-18-2013, 09:01 PM)Sabith Wrote: (1): Is this a separate iso I need to get that isn't the FF12 international ZJS iso?
(2): This, I assume, is the game that I can currently run (in Japanese).
(3): What is referred to as "the main executable"?
(4): Is the patcher the zjs_repatch in the zipped file that has the readme and bin + temp folders?

Oh, so I must also get the original FF12 game onto my computer?

1.It doesn't matter if it will be the NSTC or PAL version but PAL have more problems...the readme says so.
2.This is the ZJS version of FF12 which is in Japanese
3.The patcher
4.Yes zjs_repack.exe

And yes,you mush have both version to be able to play zjs in English
Alrighty, so presently I believe I have everything set up as listed, but nothing is happening when I click on the patcher.

[Image: 2usc0pj.jpg] ^-- Folder containing the two iso files and the extracted contents from the patcher zip.

[Image: 25hczmb.jpg] <-- This pops up when I click the zjs_repack application file (27kb)

but then a small window flashes for an instant and then disappears without anything happening. Any insight on what to do or if I've done something wrong?
That's normal if you are not using the EXACT names from the readme for the images.
The program searches for those two files and since it didn't find them,it quickly closes the program.

You have two chaises:
1.Use the EXACT names
2.Run the program try command prompt and use the command line mentioned in the read me(the first one will definitely be easier for you)