How to apply translation patches?
I have a dirty (as in not complete) translation patcher for Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission, but I have no idea how to get it to run within pcsx2. Some help please? The patcher in question can be found at http://www.mediafire.com/?bd5n47ob8hgrpj4 any help in getting that to work would be appreciated

Sponsored links

Did you look at the readme? You end up running the patcher on the iso.
Indeed, it's not the same as applying the patch direct into memory at runtime as it was done for emulators for previous console which barely had rom bigger than 4MB.
Imagination is where we are truly real
i Patched the iso but whenever i try to run the patched iso in pcsx2 i get an error of not enough resources to play the game or something else i cant remember atm and im not at my actual rig with pcsx2 on it. the original unpatched game works great but the patched game wont even start
Edit: Wait sorry, I came from another thread and got it all wrong, please disregard that post.
Imagination is where we are truly real
wow still no other responses?
Either the patch is buggy or you didn't apply it properly
[Image: newsig.jpg]
The patching problem was due to how Java didn't get enough memory to extract some large files. That caused the extraction process to quit early and give an unfinished iso.

You just need to edit start.bat so that it looks like this...

Code:
java -jar patcher.jar -lba
java -Xms256m -Xmx1024m -jar patcher.jar -ext
java -Xms256m -Xmx1024m -jar patcher.jar -reb
@pause
thank you patrickdinh...

I made the edits you suggested but that didn't work :C.
I forgot to say... run the patcher again after you edit start.bat.

When the process is done, make sure the patched iso is 4 gigs and not smaller than that.