How to bind a keyboard button to a PS2 Controller?
(01-15-2015, 02:19 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I've always used J2K and never had issues. I've never tried xpadder.

Xpadder is better than Joy2Key imo.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]

Sponsored links

I would have to side with Blyss on this one. Couldn't understand xpadder.. was too confusing for my fragile little mind. Got J2K working in about 10 minutes! $uccess!!! Thank you guys.

I don't really care which is better.. it is working and that's all that counts in my book! ♧
[Image: Mikebanner.jpg]
Well, okay. I don't know why you couldn't understand Xpadder, it's really straightforward. If you're using Win7, use "Troubleshoot Compatibility".
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
Can someone confirm if Xpadder and / or Joy2Key works when a controller is in X-input mode? IIRC Xpadder only works in Direct-input mode.

I have a Logitech Dual Action and Lilypad seems to work much better when it is in X-input mode. (better sensitivity of the triggers / analog sticks) There are some PS2 games that it would be helpful to map additional keys to PS2 controls that are unused. Like some games the d-pad does nothing or the same as the L-stick so you potentially have 4 extra buttons you could program stuff to on your controller via keyboard mapping.
Xpadder is compatible with Xinput.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
(01-16-2015, 09:48 AM)KeyToTruth12 Wrote: Xpadder is compatible with Xinput.
Thank you. I might give that a try. For games where there unused PS2 buttons, it would be convenient if I can map cheat engine hotkeys to the d-pad while playing PCSX2.