How to configure DBZ in laptop
I installed Pcsx2 0.9.6 and try to play "Dragon Ball z Budokai 3" but i'm having some problems with the speed.
I have CPU: i5 2.4GHz up to 3.0 GHz
Memory: 2gb DDR3
Card: Nvida Geforce GT 540M

Im new with ps2 i dont know how to config. it i just use the default of ps2 when i play the game its faster but when i start the game its very lag and there's a black screen flashing and the fps is too slow. . . .

I hope you can help me make this game faster.

Sponsored links

http://pcsx2.net/guide.php
Time to install 0.9.8 because 0.9.6 was released 2 years ago Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Is it Budokai 3 or Budokai Tenkaichi 3? They both are different games. Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 PAL is known to flicker. (black flashing)

Anyways Upgrade to PCSX2 0.9.9 : PCSX2 SVN

For DBZ Games :
  • Change the Round mode to Nearest and Clamp Mode to None in Both EE and VU's section.
  • Use Speedhacks : All the Reccomended ones and EE Cyclerate to 2 and VU Cycle Stealing to 1
  • Use Native Resolution
  • Use Frameskip : 1 to draw and 2 to skip. or maybe higher
  • Try Allow 8-bit Texture : Might cause graphical errors too. so test before using
  • Change Windows Power Plan to High Performance : Important

As for the Flashing, GSDX Alpha Hack will help. Smile

To enable Alpha Hack on pcsx2 0.9.9 you need to make a change in gsdx.ini (In Inis Folder where you have installed pcsx2 or my documents/pcsx2/inis)

Add the Line :

GSDX.ini Wrote:allowhacks=1

And while Configuring GSDX, tick the Alpha Hack.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
(12-17-2011, 01:52 PM)recoder Wrote: Is it Budokai 3 or Budokai Tenkaichi 3? They both are different games. Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 PAL is known to flicker. (black flashing)

Anyways Upgrade to PCSX2 0.9.9 : PCSX2 SVN

For DBZ Games :
  • Change the Round mode to Nearest and Clamp Mode to None in Both EE and VU's section.
  • Use Speedhacks : All the Reccomended ones and EE Cyclerate to 2 and VU Cycle Stealing to 1
  • Use Native Resolution
  • Use Frameskip : 1 to draw and 2 to skip. or maybe higher
  • Try Allow 8-bit Texture : Might cause graphical errors too. so test before using
  • Change Windows Power Plan to High Performance : Important

As for the Flashing, GSDX Alpha Hack will help. Smile

To enable Alpha Hack on pcsx2 0.9.9 you need to make a change in gsdx.ini (In Inis Folder where you have installed pcsx2 or my documents/pcsx2/inis)

Add the Line :

And while Configuring GSDX, tick the Alpha Hack.

I'm playing Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and how could i know if it is a PAL or not??When Im in the game there is a black flashing. . . .

You look at the game's cover.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
You can even simply do it by :

Open PCSX2 0.9.9 --> Misc --> Check Show Console.

Now RUN the Game. The Log will show where its is NTSC-U/PAL etc.

I tried 2 configure the PCSX2. . . .Im having 15 to 17 fps when im fighting. . . .i use the settings that u recommend. . . .any idea??how can i make the game faster. . . .
^
^
^
is your laptop is still hot??? try cooldown that laptop 1st..then start emlation too see the fps difference.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Is the Blsck Flshing gone. As for fps you cannot do more because the settings mentioned are the highest best settings for speed. Try using MTVU Speedhack. Other than that I cannot help much.

Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is a demanding game both in CPU and GPU. Laptops won' t be much better for pcsx2 emulation and espcially for DBZ BT 3 PAL.