How to convert 1.40 into 1.50 daily build?
A more recent effort was made, but they basically ignored it. It's pretty much accepted at this point that AMD is trying to kill or at least discourage OpenGL for no good reason.

Sponsored links

(01-20-2018, 09:18 PM)pandubz Wrote: A more recent effort was made, but they basically ignored it. It's pretty much accepted at this point that AMD is trying to kill or at least discourage OpenGL for no good reason.

because in open gl apparently with nvidia their main handling thread is multi threaded which in effect multithreads huge single threaded games
amd dont have this apparently but in vulkan its multithreaded and this is why vulkan tend to hurt nvidia due to the nvidia driver rethreading the already multithreaded ,threads

long story short, this video explains allot
perhaps get another PC...one for Ati and the other one is nvidia...same as my siggy....
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(01-21-2018, 05:47 AM)smartstrike Wrote: perhaps get another PC...one for Ati and the other one is nvidia...same as my siggy....

yea but your gtx 1050ti should not be outperforming my fury x in open gl
yea i get it, emulation isnt running a game, but the amd driver overhead isnt as large as its performing in pcsx2, as u can see from here, the amd difference from open gl to vulkan

first one is open gl, second is vulkan
as u can see my gpu is right behind the gtx 1080, in vulkan but behind a 1070 in open gl

[Image: BZiVEN6.png][Image: 66MPuMn.png]
AMD drivers shouldn't be slow, but it is, because AMD broke OpenGL on their drivers and refuses to do anything about it.

Not sure what else there is to say here, no amount of benchmarks is going to change that fact...