How to convert 1.40 into 1.50 daily build?
i have been wondering for years how to do this?
as the daily releases arent the fully compiled version thats in the installer, how would we go about fully upgrading our version

im currently playing MGS 3: Subsistance and im getting soomany post processing bugs running in dx11 and software mode only letting me max at 30fps

also DX11 mode i hit a solid 60fps (uncapped around 170fps) but my frametimes are all over the place which is causing stuttering and the effect where somany people are complaining about "lag" in the game even tho they have a stable 60hz

i see here https://github.com/pcsx2/pcsx2/issues/594
that u guys fixed allot off the game back in may 2016, and the fix has been added to the 1.60 version of pcsx2 , which still is not out after 2 years nearly now off that issue being fixed, so how do i go about updating? i installed the latest 1.40 version earlier today

i also tried running the game in opengl but it runs like crap on my fury x
i saw u guys have issues with amd drivers so i also sent them a bug report for u (this year they actualy have been fixing allot of things since they become radeon technology group)

but yea, anyone know?

also MGS 3 has horrible controller input lag too....
any fixes for this? (using a xbox 360 wireless controller)

Sponsored links

First, download the latest build from here: https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

After that you can just drag everything from the extracted archive into the 1.4.0 folder. However, I recommend running it directly from the extracted folder and reconfiguring your file paths.
(01-20-2018, 01:27 AM)CK1 Wrote: First, download the latest build from here: https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

After that you can just drag everything from the extracted archive into the 1.4.0 folder. However, I recommend running it directly from the extracted folder and reconfiguring your file paths.

thats what i thought but i have seen previous daily builds that have different files changed...
The only thing you may need to do is delete your plugins folder as some plugins have been removed and you might accidentally end up using an older version.

Beyond that it is literally just copy over the top of everything else Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(01-20-2018, 03:06 AM)refraction Wrote: The only thing you may need to do is delete your plugins folder as some plugins have been removed and you might accidentally end up using an older version.

Beyond that it is literally just copy over the top of everything else Smile
Delete the inis and savestates folders too.
Not necessary, but yeah you could if you want to be extra sure.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

put your latest build as a sub directory of your official stable build "and" "re-locate" the bios and memcard saves directory.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(01-20-2018, 03:38 AM)smartstrike Wrote: put your latest build as a sub directory of your official stable build "and" "re-locate" the bios and memcard saves directory.

yeah but the latest daily build wont include all the fixes from v1.40 (2016 build) all the way to the today 2018 build will it?
so how do i go about getting a build that includes EVERYTHING

its the same with AMD and their opengl thing,
iv seen the PCSX2 guys complain amd are taking too long releasing stuff but then u look here and u have the exact same issue here
(01-20-2018, 08:08 PM)El Diablo Wrote: yeah but the latest daily build wont include all the fixes from v1.40 (2016 build) all the way to the today 2018 build will it?
so how do i go about getting a build that includes EVERYTHING
nighlty builds do include latest fixes.
Quote:its the same with AMD and their opengl thing,
iv seen the PCSX2 guys complain amd are taking too long releasing stuff but then u look here and u have the exact same issue here
could you please be a bit more generic ?
so much precisions in your sentence lost me... Laugh
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-20-2018, 08:13 PM)jesalvein Wrote: nighlty builds do include latest fixes.
could you please be a bit more generic ?
so much precisions in your sentence lost me... Laugh

iv been reading old stuff here regarding why amd drivers perform bad here
aparently onee off the pcsx2 devs here sent off a bug report to AMD like 6 years ago for them to fix something and they did it, and a few drivers later they broke it again, apparently he never bothered to send another bug report (you have to send one every driver release they do, so every 2 weeks) and their open gl thing never got fixed

i sent one off the other day but what i sent off was nothing technical so maybe u guys should send one off with specifics , and it will most likely get fixed, they been fixing somany other smaller things

thats what i ment, i guess i should have elaborated earlier