How to create cheats for Pcsx2 all by yourself?
(04-20-2012, 11:44 PM)ChikTikka Wrote: i had that issue for a game of mine (XenosagaEP-1) when i started, turned out i needed to translate "9999" into a hex value "0000270F" but then others worked fine with the cheat set up like "00009999"+^_^+
my point is for me, if an exact decimal value doesn't produce the change i want, i try using the corresponding hexadecimal value+^_^+
you can use your trusty dusty windows calculator (change view to programmer for vista/Win7, scientific for Win XP) to easily translate dec values to hex values+^_^+ another issue could be that your particular value could be controlled by another address altogether and it cascades from somewhere else to yours+^_^+

I switched to hexadecimal but it still returns to it's original value, and in the scan window i have all the related addresses of the value that i want to hack, but nothing... it's not just 1 or 2 games this happens .-.

Sponsored links

(04-21-2012, 12:05 AM)Pyramid Head Wrote: I switched to hexadecimal but it still returns to it's original value, and in the scan window i have all the related addresses of the value that i want to hack, but nothing... it's not just 1 or 2 games this happens .-.

9999=270F and 270F=9999, some games search for 9999 and some search for 270F, some work the same with both+^_^+, i try with "9999" first and if that doesn't stick i try 270F (btw 9999 in hex=39321 in decimal, which sometimes can't be read by the games code which sometimes for me resets to previous value or reads as 0+^_^+) if neither work i assume it's the wrong address I'm trying to edit and i start searching again+^_^+
Signature purposefully left blank.
(04-20-2012, 11:49 PM)vsub Wrote: Umm,maybe I didn't understand you correctly...are you placing 9999 in pnach when you want 9999 or are you placing 270F

Pnach(and pcsx2)read the value as hex always so placing 9999 as value will actually change the value of the address not to 9999 but to 39321

I'm trying to get, for example, an infinite value just using CE so that then i'll create a .pnach
i see. well i don't think you need to translate to hex until you go to make your pnach, +^_^+ just curious, what game and what value are you trying to change?+^_^+
If you really find the correct address for the cheat and then freeze the value with CE,then it should work.

In some games what you see can also be a hex value.
For example if you search in dec mode for know value,if the game shows 9999,the value you have to search for is not 9999 but this value as hex converted to dec...meaning 39321.

Chik'Tikka if the game uses for example values from 0 to 220 and if you type some bigger number than this,pcsx2 may crash.
(04-21-2012, 12:19 AM)vsub Wrote: If you really find the correct address for the cheat and then freeze the value with CE,then it should work.

In some games what you see can also be a hex value.
For example if you search in dec mode for know value,if the game shows 9999,the value you have to search for is not 9999 but this value as hex converted to dec...meaning 39321.

Chik'Tikka if the game uses for example values from 0 to 220 and if you type some bigger number than this,pcsx2 may crash.

yep, i've crashed a few times+^_^+ but that's what save states are for+^_^+
(04-21-2012, 12:17 AM)ChikTikka Wrote: i see. well i don't think you need to translate to hex until you go to make your pnach, +^_^+ just curious, what game and what value are you trying to change?+^_^+

I'm trying to hack things like hp, mp, ammo and all that stuff... the games are onimusha dawn of dreams, metal gear solid 3 snake eater, final fantasy x-2 (in final fantasy x all these problems didn't show up!! -.-) devil may cry ecc..
FFX - easy
MGS3 is not easy at all...just look(at gametwink)at what HUGE master code it needs to work
Onimusha 4 -by looking at the codes(after converting them)...not many normal looking codes that you can easily find with memory searching program
DMC - easy
FFX-2 - easy
Anyway... how can you freeze a value with cheat engine?
frozen: make this value never change
address: the location of the cheat (you'll need this in a minute or two)
type: Don't touch this (I however made a slight mistake, and shoud have used 4, not 8. but this will not usually harm your searches)
value: self explanitory

^from my guide