How to create cheats for Pcsx2 all by yourself?
(04-21-2012, 03:16 AM)Saiki Wrote: frozen: make this value never change
address: the location of the cheat (you'll need this in a minute or two)
type: Don't touch this (I however made a slight mistake, and shoud have used 4, not 8. but this will not usually harm your searches)
value: self explanitory

^from my guide

Ok, cool... but how can i freeze a value...?

Sponsored links

The adresses you found are keeping just the result info you see on the screen, meaning freezing it will just make the game refresh it over and over again and it's not a cheat in any way. You need to find the correct adress or maybe even change the game scripts couse from what Vsub said about MGS3 the existing codes have a huge code to enable them, it's most likely a script that changes the game mechanics/disable anti-cheating. You must burn it to your mind, that not all values you see at the screen are actually stored the same way you see them and not all games are keeping it's whole data in a way allowing simple edits. If your main goal is LEARNING, then study more advanced tutorials on your own, if you stuck with some game instead of giving up, try with other games first to gain experience, just don't stay in place of searching simple values, couse that leads to nothing.

If your main goal here is just to get cheats, then this whole thread is a waste of time, couse all of the games you listed have cheats existing from very long time already;P, just waiting to convert them to use in pcsx2 with 2 simple programs without bothering much, most probably already waiting converted and uploaded in a pnach dedicated place on this forum. :3
(04-21-2012, 02:29 PM)miseru99 Wrote: The adresses you found are keeping just the result info you see on the screen, meaning freezing it will just make the game refresh it over and over again and it's not a cheat in any way. You need to find the correct adress or maybe even change the game scripts couse from what Vsub said about MGS3 the existing codes have a huge code to enable them, it's most likely a script that changes the game mechanics/disable anti-cheating. You must burn it to your mind, that not all values you see at the screen are actually stored the same way you see them and not all games are keeping it's whole data in a way allowing simple edits. If your main goal is LEARNING, then study more advanced tutorials on your own, if you stuck with some game instead of giving up, try with other games first to gain experience, just don't stay in place of searching simple values, couse that leads to nothing.

If your main goal here is just to get cheats, then this whole thread is a waste of time, couse all of the games you listed have cheats existing from very long time already;P, just waiting to convert them to use in pcsx2 with 2 simple programs without bothering much, most probably already waiting converted and uploaded in a pnach dedicated place on this forum. :3

Yes, i know that some of these cheats already exists... just wanted to figure it out all by myself, that's all (:
anyway, thanks for all the question you answered me!
game=Snake Eater PAL
comment= bullets?
patch=1,EE,004D3710,byte,20

^just for instance. this code acts wierd, but it does work
(04-21-2012, 03:24 PM)Saiki Wrote: game=Snake Eater PAL
comment= bullets?
patch=1,EE,004D3710,byte,20

^just for instance. this code acts wierd, but it does work

I appreciate it, but i just asked how to freeze a value with cheat engine cause i want to do it by myself... and besides it's snake eater NTSC/U lol
read my tutorial
(04-22-2012, 02:17 AM)Pyramid Head Wrote: I appreciate it, but i just asked how to freeze a value with cheat engine cause i want to do it by myself... and besides it's snake eater NTSC/U lol

The same way you will freeze a value on your other games(FFX,DMC,FFX-2).

The problem is finding the correct address and as you can see from the MGS3 info at gametwink,the game constantly moves the addresses around.

I'm experiencing the same thing in the other game that have anti-cheating protection...Valkyrie Profile 2

I've created tons of cheats to add only the items I want but if I restart the game,none of the cheats I made will work.
(04-22-2012, 05:27 AM)vsub Wrote: The same way you will freeze a value on your other games(FFX,DMC,FFX-2).

The problem is finding the correct address and as you can see from the MGS3 info at gametwink,the game constantly moves the addresses around.

I'm experiencing the same thing in the other game that have anti-cheating protection...Valkyrie Profile 2

I've created tons of cheats to add only the items I want but if I restart the game,none of the cheats I made will work.

I don't know how but with these kind of addresses i've found a way to modify it's value and sort of freeze it, the thing is it seems to work, but sometimes it causes graphical glitches. DAMN!!
cheats sometimes do that. it's something you have to learn to live with
(04-22-2012, 05:37 PM)Saiki Wrote: cheats sometimes do that. it's something you have to learn to live with

lol wonderful -.- so i guess there isn't a "cleaner" way to find these cheats