How to create memory cards?

I've searched the forum and wasnt able to find the specific answer, so as the topic implies, how do I create new ones? I like to create new memory cards for different games.
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz
Vid Card: Geforce 9400GT

Sponsored links

In 0.9.6 go to "Config > memcards" and change the name of the memcard file or just use the browse button and select a new one, then when you run a game or the BIOS it will create the new card (you should run the BIOS so you can format the card correctly anyway).

[Image: attachment.php?aid=25385]

In 0.9.7 beta go to "Config > MemoryCards" and you can change the folder where the new cards will be then select the spaces for either card 1 or 2 and click the create button. You can also change the name of the memcard file but only on the pcsx2.ini file.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=25387]

Always backup your old memcards just in case anything goes wrong.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
^

Hmm, I already created 2 cards for slots 1 and 2 respectively, but how do I create a 3rd one if I already created 2? If I go to slot 1 then create another one, wouldnt it delete the already put in card?
Most PS2 games only recognize 1 or 2 cards at the same time, if you want to use another one you would have to select another and swap it as you would in your PS2. In the case of 0.9.6 just click the "Browse..." button and select the other memory cards and they wouldn't get deleted, just swapped. In 0.9.7 well it's not as simple but selecting the other folder or filenames would just swap them the same.

Even thou 0.9.7 has the option to have more memcards at the same time by enabling the multitap options there's just a few games that would recognize those cards anyway.

In truth it's much easier to keep as much as you can in a single card.
^

No, It's not what I meant.XD I mean for me, I play a lot of rpg games, and im planning to create a memory card specifically for each game(so for example if I play Xenosaga, I will make a card for that. If I play Suikoden, then I will make another card for that, etc.). Hope you get what I mean.XD Anyway, just to clarify, if I already have 2 cards available and I create another one(im using 0.97 btw), and say I am going to create a card on slot 1, will the already put card just be swapped with the new one, or will pcsx2 delete the card on slot 1 to create a new 1?
You need to swap folder first in 0.9.7 then it should show the new ones as empty and those ones you can create/format, or if you're changing the namefile in the ini file it should show it as unformatted or whatever. If it's still showing your formated/created cards then you might end up deleting them but again always backup your files.