How to get old revisions/versions of pcsx2? (FF X related)
Hey guys. I looked through the other subforums and I didn't find another place to ask. I have a problem with FFX wherein my game doesn't go past the sending at Kilika. I looked up the problem online while pcsx2 was down and someone said they got past it with rev1440. So I went to the google svn repository and at first I found 1474, which was within the approx. range and I installed it, but it crashed w/ every setting and every iso I tried. So I went back to the repository and did a more thorough search for r1440, and I found it, but the download said it would take over a day. I dunno if thats a problem with my ISP or w/ google. So, any help appreciated. As always, thanks!

I remember trying pcsx2 a little over a year ago and I couldn't get anything going. Now I'm comfortably playing so many games with gorgeously rendered graphics. These devs deserve a lot of praise (and moniez). Finally, so far I've found that FF X is by far the least demanding game I've played. Is this known to be the case?

Sponsored links

Works fine in the recently released beta (svn3876). Specs? (CPU, GPU, OS etc)? Just make sure you avoid speed hacks at all costs (turn on the ones that have "recommended" marked on them). If that still doesn't work, re-rip the DVD with Image Burn.
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
I turned off all speed hacks...went through the save several times. Tried to use save states to somehow trick it into working. My copy was on its dying breath, I dunno if I'll be able to rip again. Thing is, someone else online had the same issue. So I'm hoping I could use the emulator fix. If not, dunno. I'll ask a friend to sell me his copy lol.
Use the latest beta, set the EE/VU clamps to extra or higher and do not use save states at all when trying to pass hangs in pcsx2:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
you are my friend. clamps did the trick. <3
Oh yeah, can't forget about those clamps; they can cause the bosses to face the other way if not set correctly.
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
Should be set via automatic patch then I guess.
Problem is they usually work fine with the default settings and the higher clamps slow it down and we barely had one of these threads for like a couple months now so it wouldn't be justified Tongue2
pcsx2 crashes at Kilika on micro VU, but super VU passes it no problem, that's how I decided to play FFX, I switched to superVU and had no problems whatsoever
Doesn't crash on microVU here with normal clamps and we've only got a couple of these threads for lasts months, so default settings work fine at least most of the time Tongue2

Edit: Just checked... Both superVU and microVU freeze at that point if the clamping is set to none and both worked if set to normal so dunno why you say it's a microVU problem.