How to get the most visually
I'm not expecting miracles, however 16xAA Alone makes PS2 games look wayyy better.

I'm wondering if anyone can suggest the best tweaks, mods and plugins to use on my rig to get the best visual effects.

I'm currently playing Grandia II so anything tailored to that game would be nice :-)
My Rig:
Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07GHz (Stock speeds)
2x ATI Radeon HD 5870 is Crossfire (Don't know if PCSX2 uses crossfire :-P)
12GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Sponsored links

Well just use GsDX uncheck Native and use the D3D internal res and set the resolution you want to play in. It makes PS2 games look even better .
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM
(02-13-2010, 09:40 PM)Gwitz Wrote: Well just use GsDX uncheck Native and use the D3D internal res and set the resolution you want to play in. It makes PS2 games look even better .

Thanks for that one :-) I've been doing that, however I'm having a few issues with GsDX (possibly DX11 related). Also does GsDX support AA?

I'm wondering if maybe it would be better to let my graphics card do the AA?
My Rig:
Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07GHz (Stock speeds)
2x ATI Radeon HD 5870 is Crossfire (Don't know if PCSX2 uses crossfire :-P)
12GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

(02-13-2010, 09:49 PM)Eambo Wrote:
(02-13-2010, 09:40 PM)Gwitz Wrote: Well just use GsDX uncheck Native and use the D3D internal res and set the resolution you want to play in. It makes PS2 games look even better .

Thanks for that one :-) I've been doing that, however I'm having a few issues with GsDX (possibly DX11 related). Also does GsDX support AA?

I'm wondering if maybe it would be better to let my graphics card do the AA?

DX 11 is still in alpha stages. You should use Direct3D10 (hardware) that's what the D3D internal res is, it does the AA.
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM
If anything using an updated GSdx (like the one in the beta) actually lets you use AA, if you mean ZeroGS AA it is basically just increasing the internal resolution, thing you can do in GSdx already.

(02-13-2010, 09:49 PM)Eambo Wrote: I'm having a few issues with GsDX

Which problems?

Quote:I'm wondering if maybe it would be better to let my graphics card do the AA?

If you mean forcing it from the graphics card control panel it will probably do nothing more than slow down stuff.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Like Gwitz said, try to use D3D10 rather than D3D11.
With GSdx, if you have the revision from one of the last 2 beta packs (last one was September 9 I think) then along with increasing the Internal Resolution, you can also manually edit the INI file to add a line for MSAA. I think you just add a line at the end of the INI file saying:
"MSAA=x"
Where "x" is the number, such as 2, 4, 8, 16.

Some people say they got their graphics card control panel to work with PCSX2, but most people say it doesn't work. And in your sig you say you're not sure if PCSX2 uses crossfire or not, it doesn't ;D
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB