How to increase in-game framerate for unstable games?
Hello everyone i have a question in regard to framerate stability and possibility to increase it/reduce drops, since there is awful lot games that are not maintaining steady 30 or 60FPS on console and often have heavy drops from 30 to 20FPS or even lower as example (thats at least how i feel it). Is there any way to fix it in emulator? something like ps1 emus have (CPU overclock). Thanks for answer cheers Wink

MY SPECS:
Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.95Ghz
16GB RAM DDR4 2667 CL 14
RX 470 4GB
Windows 10 Creators Update
PCSX2 1.5.0-dev-2190-g91d8e7c7c
Default speedhacks (balanced), Renderer: DX11 HW 2x Resolution
Games:
Bully, Primal, Mafia, Conflict Desert Storm I and II (and probably more games if i was able to stabilise framerate)

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
That would be the EE cycle rate under speed hacks and small warning that messing with this can cause all sorts of issues in games. Also any issues you have while using this setting will be met with change the setting back to 0 before any help can be given. It really breaks a lot of things.