How to install PCSX2 on openSUSE 13.1
Good day,

I'm having trouble installing PCSX2 on openSUSE.
Could anyone advise me what I need to download and install?

Thank you!

Sponsored links

Did you try installing it from a repo? If so can you post any error messages?

If you are trying to install from source, please post any output you have have.

Or have you not gotten that far? There is likely a repo for openSUSe that will have PCSX2, though I can't say for sure as I only spend a few days on that distro (though I'm about 99% certain I remember seeing it in a repo). If so follow your standard isntallation process. otherwise get you'll need to pull it from git hub.

I haven't pulled this since moving over to git from svn, but its a pretty standard ./configure --> make --> make install process once you get the source from git.

[edit] I'm sorry, it isn't a ./configure, et al, but rather there is a build script. You run "sh build.sh"
i7 4930k @4.3, 4x4 GB RAM @2133 (15-15-15-27, quad channel), EVGA 570 @stock, Arch 64b.
Inside the PCSX2 folder has no file name. Update My

cd / home/jr/Downloads/pcsx2-1.2.2 /
. / configure
Error ->-bash:. / configure: No such file or directory

---

When trying to run the file ".sh" gives these error lines below.

linux-n3z7:/home/jr/Downloads/pcsx2-1.2.2 # sh launch_pcsx2_linux.sh
ldd: warning: you do not have execution permission for `plugins/libGSdx-0.1.16.so'
ldd: warning: you do not have execution permission for `plugins/libspu2x-2.0.0.so'
ERROR the plugin (plugins/libspu2x-2.0.0.so) miss some dependencies
ldd: warning: you do not have execution permission for `plugins/libspu2x-2.0.0.so'
libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0 => not found
libwx_gtk2u_core-2.8.so.0 => not found
libwx_gtk2u_adv-2.8.so.0 => not found

ldd: warning: you do not have execution permission for `plugins/libzzogl-0.4.0.so'
ERROR the plugin (plugins/libzzogl-0.4.0.so) miss some dependencies
ldd: warning: you do not have execution permission for `plugins/libzzogl-0.4.0.so'
libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0 => not found
libwx_gtk2u_core-2.8.so.0 => not found
libwx_gtk2u_adv-2.8.so.0 => not found

ldd: warning: you do not have execution permission for `plugins/libCDVDlinuz.so'
ldd: warning: you do not have execution permission for `plugins/libUSBnull-0.7.0.so'
ldd: warning: you do not have execution permission for `plugins/libCDVDiso.so'
ERROR the plugin (plugins/libCDVDiso.so) miss some dependencies
libbz2.so.1.0 => not found

ldd: warning: you do not have execution permission for `plugins/libCDVDnull.so'
ldd: warning: you do not have execution permission for `plugins/libonepad-1.1.0.so'
ldd: warning: you do not have execution permission for `plugins/libdev9null-0.5.0.so'
ldd: warning: you do not have execution permission for `plugins/libFWnull-0.7.0.so'
./pcsx2: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
linux-n3z7:/home/jr/Downloads/pcsx2-1.2.2 #
You are missing all those 32 bit dependencies needed. Install those first and try again.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Have fun lib hunting. Depending on your distro it can be either rediculously easy (Ubuntu/Mint) to ridiculously hard (slackware). Other distros are somewhere in the middle (like Arch).
i7 4930k @4.3, 4x4 GB RAM @2133 (15-15-15-27, quad channel), EVGA 570 @stock, Arch 64b.
Hello,

I've downloaded pcsx2-1.2.2-r5896-lnx.tar.xz
Then I opened a terminal window (lxterminal)
Go to my created dowload directory in my home directory under Desktop
Code:
cd ~/Desktop/PS2-Emulation
Now I extract the archive
Code:
tar xvf pcsx2-1.2.2-r5896-lnx.tar.xz
Go to the extracted directory
Code:
cd pcsx2-1.2.2
and start the shell script
Code:
./launch_pcsx2_linux.sh
Yet the following error messages will be showed:
Quote:ldd: warning: you do not have execution permission for `plugins/libzzogl-0.4.0.so'
ldd: warning: you do not have execution permission for `plugins/libFWnull-0.7.0.so'
ldd: warning: you do not have execution permission for `plugins/libCDVDnull.so'
ldd: warning: you do not have execution permission for `plugins/libUSBnull-0.7.0.so'
ldd: warning: you do not have execution permission for `plugins/libdev9null-0.5.0.so'
ldd: warning: you do not have execution permission for `plugins/libCDVDlinuz.so'
ldd: warning: you do not have execution permission for `plugins/libonepad-1.1.0.so'
ldd: warning: you do not have execution permission for `plugins/libGSdx-0.1.16.so'
./pcsx2: relocation error: ./pcsx2: symbol _ZTV10wxListBase, version WXU_2.8 not defined in file libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0 with link time reference
I've changed "execution permissions" as following:
Code:
chmod +x ./plugins/*.so
Now I start the shell script again
Code:
./launch_pcsx2_linux.sh
/!\ The last remaining error message that I couldn't solve
Quote:./pcsx2: relocation error: ./pcsx2: symbol _ZTV10wxListBase, version WXU_2.8 not defined in file libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0 with link time reference
you don't have the exact same version of wx2.8 as me (debian here). Unfortunately someone need to compile PCSX2 with your wx version (aka an opensuse user). Actually a Fedora version might work too.
I apologize for my English. Use electronic translator, I hope You will understand me...
is There any need to use it wxWidgets2.8? Could You compile packages using wxWidgets2.9?
Thanks in advance.
To use PCSX2 on openSuse:
Code:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/lib/wx-2.8-stl:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
./bin/launch_pcsx2_linux.sh

I can't compile package for everyone but you could try the experimental wx3 options on cmake.
Code:
./build.sh --release --wx30
Thanks for the reply.