How to load original data in DW5 XL?
I have the Dynasty warriors 5 Xtreme legends original disc and my vanilla DW5 is being borrowed by my friend....Also try to provide step by step please Smile

Sponsored links

Use the search function. How to get dynasty warriors import working was stated often enough.
I know this post is kind of long but PLEASE READ IT

So looking at the other forums this is what I did with their advices or steps
1. Created two folders for both the XL and vanilla version of DW5
2. Extracted DW5 vanilla and XL to each of those two folders
3. Copied all of the extracted DW5 Vanilla files including the modules, to the DW5 XL folder with the DW5 extracted files
4. Went to Imageburner and did "create image file from files/folder"
5. Chose the folder with both the extracted DW5 and vanilla files and settled the destination to the third folder to create the image file
6.created the image file
7. Putted my original DW5 XL disc in my dvd drive and went to the pcsx2 emulator
8.browsed my ISOS and found the image file of both the extracted DW5 XL and vanilla version
9. Went to plugins and chose gigahertz cd drive and chose my DVD drive after that option
10. Played my original dynasty warriors 5 XL disc and went to load original
11. When it tells me to put in the dw5 vanilla disc, I swapped disc from plugin to the ISOS and chose my ISO with both the extracted DW5 XL and vanilla files
12. Switched disc again back to the plugins and it still said wrong disc inserted or still say please insert dw5 into the ps2 and close the disc tray

What did I do wrong?
Probably mixing isos and dvd's. Better to use the riped version of DW XL.

1. Created two folders for both the XL and vanilla version of DW5
1.b ripping both discs using imgburn and put them into the folder
2. Extracted DW5 vanilla and XL isos to each of those two folders (e.g. using winrar or whatever)
3. Copied all of the extracted DW5 Vanilla files including the modules, to the DW5 XL folder with the DW5 extracted files
4. Went to Imageburner and did "create image file from files/folder"
5. Chose the folder with both the extracted DW5 and vanilla files and settled the destination to the third folder to create the image file
6.created the image file
7. Putted my original DW5 XL disc in my dvd drive and went to the pcsx2 emulator
7. Load the DW XL iso using the built-in iso loader (not plugin)
10.8. Played my original dynasty warriors 5 XL disc and went to load original
8.9. When it tells me to put in the dw5 vanilla disc browsed my ISOS and found the image file of both the extracted DW5 XL and vanilla version
9. Went to plugins and chose gigahertz cd drive and chose my DVD drive after that option
10. Played my original dynasty warriors 5 XL disc and went to load original
11. When it tells me to put in the dw5 vanilla disc, I swapped disc from plugin to the ISOS and chose my ISO with both the extracted DW5 XL and vanilla files[s]
[s]12.
10. Switched back to DW5 XL iso disc again back to the plugins and it still said wrong disc inserted or still say please insert dw5 into the ps2 and close the disc tray
So is my DW5 vanilla disc required to make this work? My friend has it right now
if you have already the combined one you don't need it.

Maybe it was too confusing so again:
Create vanilla iso -> vanilla.iso
Create xl iso -> xl.iso
Create merged iso by coping everything from vanilla into folder containing xl content -> merged.iso

load xl.iso using internal iso loader
use in-game vanilla loading function
switch iso to merged.iso when asked to do so
switch back to xl.iso when in-game function finished
Edit: I already have my DW5 vanilla iso ripped from my original disc before my friend borrowed the game disc and i did the same for the XL version already too. Can i copy and use those isos to make the merged isos?
I will take that as a yes and another question...So I have to create the iso and put the one XL iso into the XL folder that I created and put the vanilla one into another one of those two folders created correct?
okay it didn't work Sad
So this is what i did so far

1. Created both folders and copied my DW5 XL isos and Vanilla isos from my Pcsx2 Bios to each of those two folders
2. Extracted the DW5 xl isos in its folder and the same for Vanilla isos
3.Copied all of DW5 Vanilla files including its isos to the XL file
4. Created the merged iso by choosing the XL file to be created into a merged iso
5. destination was the third folder I created again
6. Created Isos
7. Went to ps2 emulator and played the DW5 XL non merged and loaded original
8. when prompt to switch disks I switched to the Dw5 merged isos and switched back to DW5 but still got nothing out of it