How to make PCSX2 run faster?
Hello i am new to this website and i am wondering if this place can tell how to make the emulator faster on my PC.

Processor: AMD FX™-4300 Quad-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
64-Bit Operating System. X64 based processer
Windows 8.1 PRO
Local Disk: 296 GB free of 931 GB

I Hope this website isn't dead.Wacko

Sponsored links

what's your GPU and what game are you playing?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
moved to own thread
Better make your own thread.

And FYI that thread is old, AMD Phenom ii not enough for most games anymore.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(06-26-2015, 09:53 PM)NicoNL Wrote: Hello, I'll make use of this thread for the same purpose. At the moment I'm having troubles with framedrops too, during loading screens and cutscenes it is alright(God of War II and Ratchet: Gladiator), but actual gameplay is really bad. I've tried various videos, but I'm starting to think I should start configuring my emulator AND my hardware, although my hardware is more than capable of running this.
Anyway here are my specs: Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 45 °C (6core at ~3,3GHz, can be overclocked to 3,7 if needed, but rather not)
RAM
8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 671MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-990FXA-UD3 (Socket M2) 41 °C
Graphics
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner) 50 °C (HD6950)
Storage
465GB Western Digital WDC WD50 00AAKX-001CA0 SATA Disk Device (SATA) 35 °C

The problem right now is that even with speedhack enabled and lowest settings that the gameplay still drops to 30 fps.
I would love to be helped and if possible(you will have to tell me howto) I will post as many logs as possible to fix this problem.
This emulator makes me feel so nostalgic, the Playstation 2 has carried me through a lot of years and right now it is eating dust, but it would be amazing if I could just run these games on my pc, saves space!

Edit:
Found this bit in a sticky thread:
Will work at a reasonably playable speed (this does not mean full speed):
AMD Phenom II

How come it works slowly on a Phenom II?
I'm running the Dolphin emulator without any fps drops, how come a ps2 emulator, which should be less demanding is having a hard time?
I'm no hardware expert but I guess the problem lies with the compatibility?
If anyone would care to help I would be amazed.
If it is not possible with this emulator, then just tell me, I will stop trying then.
please open your own thread instead of rudely hijacking someone else's
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(06-26-2015, 10:04 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: please open your own thread instead of rudely hijacking someone else's

i hope you realize what the word new means Biggrin

Also. i am trying to run Budokai 3.

AMD Radeon HD 6570

(06-26-2015, 10:04 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: please open your own thread instead of rudely hijacking someone else's

i hope you realize what the word new means Biggrin

Also. i am trying to run Budokai 3.

AMD Radeon HD 6570
Budokai 3 isn't much demanding, should be fine. Smile
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction