How to make closing the game window, end emulation?
At the moment it seems to take a save state and pauses emulation? Even the Shutdown command under File doesn't end emulation. It's annoying getting messages about the state of the virtual machine or whatever when changing plugins to test something.

One time after applying a new sound plugin, it decided to automatically (without prompting) resume the last played game from that session and it failed horribly with a black screen and a weird clicking noise, presumably because the different audio plugin wasn't compatible with the savestate.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 | Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) | MSI 1070Ti | 16GB 3600MHz RAM

Sponsored links

(11-17-2010, 07:02 PM)Franpa Wrote: At the moment it seems to take a save state and pauses emulation? Even the Shutdown command under File doesn't end emulation. It's annoying getting messages about the state of the virtual machine or whatever when changing plugins to test something.

The Shutdown command has recently been implemented, and will be properly working in the next public beta. In current betas the command is almost a NOP (but not quite).

The other thing I can do is add a "reset" button to the confirmation when changing plugins, which will do a reset instead of trying to do on-the-fly changes.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
I swear that "shutdown" used to actually work, then broke sometime later, maybe by accident then.. *shrugs*
I don't think a reset would be nice perhaps disable the ability to change plugins during emulation? I'm just after a way to END emulation. I want to stop it completely and remove all traces of my gaming session without needing to close and re-open PCSX2.

PCSX2 should not attempt to resume via a save state automatically when changing plugins or give me a request that it may impair the current state of the VM after I have closed the game window and/or clicked "Shutdown".

edit: I know realize what you actually meant when you spoke about Reset. Ignore my reasoning about not having it in my next post.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 | Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) | MSI 1070Ti | 16GB 3600MHz RAM
as I said, I believe it USED to work, but it does not anymore, and Air has stated it will work in the next public beta. so be patient
Yep I was just trying to be as clear as possible on this issue.
Computer specifications: