How to make pressure sensitivity work?
So I've just started using my PS3 SIXAXIS controller with PCSX2 (0.9.8)
I'm using the MotioninJoy driver, if that helps.
Running Windows XP home edition (32 bit)

Anyway, it works rather well, however the pressure sensitivity for the face buttons doesn't work. I mostly only play MGS3: Subsistence and as anyone who played that will know, the pressure sensitivity plays a large role.

So yeah, any pointers.
I've mucked around with it for some time now, and still nothing.

Note:
What I can do is turn the sensitivity down to disable the buttons 2ndary function, but not only does that require remapping a couple of the buttons for optimal play, but it's also the reason why I stopped using my X360 controller... I hoped I wouldn't have to keep doing that. Laugh

Sponsored links

Have you read up on this at all? There's a lot of threads about this...

Have you checked out that Lilypad plugin?

Are you using libsub?
I'm a huge MGS3 fan myself and understand how important are those pressure sensitive buttons in that game, I asked a similar question in the plug-ins board not too long ago (even tried searching before posting that thread, most I got were just theories, didn't see anyone confirming that they were able to get pressure sensitivity working with their DS2 or DS3 pads).

Anyway here's the thread:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Button-pr...o-solution

Last time I checked installing libusb it screwed my USB ports, I gotta check it again and hopefully I'll be able to install it correctly on my win7 64-bit, if you have libusb and tried Lilypad's native DS3 mode, please post your results because I'm very interested to know if it works or not (since you have a 32 bit windows I don't think you'll have trouble installing libusb, I could be wrong though so make sure to read up before installing it).
you do not need motionjoy to make use of lilypads native ps3 support.
I have a DualShock 2 controller plugged into a rather generic PlayStation to USB adapter. Is there any way to get the pressure sensitive buttons effect using this method or is just through DualShock 3?
(06-02-2011, 02:57 AM)Murxidon Wrote: I have a DualShock 2 controller plugged into a rather generic PlayStation to USB adapter. Is there any way to get the pressure sensitive buttons effect using this method or is just through DualShock 3?

So far I didn't even see anyone who confirmed that he got DS3's button sensitivity working with PCSX2. I'm going to check trying installing libusb on my win7 64-bit again (gonna connect my ps2 keyboard in-case the USBs die on me again lol Tongue), will report later with my results.

I have a dualshock2 connected via a USB adapter too, couldn't get the sensitivity working, the only solutions I were able to find were hardware based through special adapters (I posted a link for one of those in the thread I mentioned earlier).

But if DS3 does work well via it's native mode, it'll be cheaper to just get a used sixaxis/DS3 than getting any special adapters which will cost $60+.
MetallicA, did you get it to work?

(07-06-2011, 06:28 AM)dudugu Wrote: MetallicA, did you get it to work?

No I didn't, here's a quote of my post on the subject in another thread:

Quote:I tried to follow the instructions that I mentioned in my earlier post to install libusb on my Win7 64 bit, but got stuck on the part where you had to manually update the drivers, I didn't have this option because I think motionjoy was kind of interfering.

Anyway, as I mentioned in the other thread, now that MGS HD remakes are confirmed for PS3, I totally lost any interest for trying to play 'em via PCSX2. Can't really think of many other games that interest me and heavily rely on pressure sensitivity.