How to play on a second screen
Question 
Hi!
I'm wondering if it's possible to play the game on a second display (in my case a TV) without setting it as system's primary one?

Thanks in advance.
Standing for Truth. Standing for Justice. Standing around.

Sponsored links

I'm not sure how multi-monitor works as I don't have 2 to test with, but I'm pretty sure it's possible through the Nvidia control panel after you set it up for 2 monitors (Under "Set up multiple displays"). Add PCSX.exe to the list, and look at the available options under "Multi-display/Mixed-GPU acceleration".

don't know about ATI's Catalyst Control Panel, but I know they have options per program like Nvidia do, it should probably be do-able through there too. Just take a dig through the options.
.:Intel Core i7 Extreme 965 OC'ed @ 4Ghz - EVGA X58 SLI - Corsair 6GB @ 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 - 2xEVGA GTX 285 1GB OC'ed @ 680/1548/1270Mhz in SLI - Dell UltraSharp 24" - Corsair HX1000W PSU - Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 - Antec 900
.OhmyCZ Vertex 250GB SSD 200/160MB/s read/write - Samsung F1 1TB
.:Windows 7 x64
Unfortunately, it seems this setting has a different purpose:

Quote:Multi-display/Mixed-GPU Acceleration: The possible options for this setting are 'Single Display Peformance Mode', 'Compatibility Performance Mode', and 'Multiple Display Performance Mode'. This setting is not relevant to SLI multi-GPU rendering. If you have only one display, the Single Display Performance Mode option is set by default and should be used. If you are using the nView Clone mode or an nView Span mode, the nView Clone/Span Mode will be activated by default. If you are using multiple displays in nView Dualview mode and/or two or more Nvidia graphics cards you can set either the 'Compatibility Performance Mode' or 'Multiple Display Performance Mode'; the difference between the two is in OpenGL games - the 'performance' mode is faster but may result in more graphical glitches.
I usually extend the desktop to the 2nd moniter, Run PCSX2 in windowed mode on my main moniter and scoot the window displaying the game over to the 2nd scrren (in this case my HDTV) and make it fullscreen.
(03-02-2009, 01:23 PM)Maxim Wrote: Hi!
I'm wondering if it's possible to play the game on a second display (in my case a TV) without setting it as system's primary one?

Thanks in advance.

I believe that's called Clone Mode or Cloning (depending on the video card), right?
I don't wanna use Clone Mode, the thing is to have expanded desktop...

I can move a window to the TV, but I can't make it fullscreen Sad Alt+Enter just doesn't work...
(03-02-2009, 06:32 PM)Maxim Wrote:
I can move a window to the TV, but I can't make it fullscreen Sad Alt+Enter just doesn't work...
just double click the window to make it maximize ><
(03-02-2009, 06:44 PM)slyfox610 Wrote: just double click the window to make it maximize ><
Well, I don't now why, but doing this way makes the game very slow Sad
I guess the only good solution is to make TV a primary display...
The only thing I know to play on a second screen is with TV-Out. I've tried that and it works(though sometimes it messed things up by displaying one part of the deal on the monitor and the other one - on the TV). I have a NVidia card. Hey, the GSDX plugin has an option enable tv-out. Did you tried it? Does it work?
I have no problem using extended display (desktop extended through screens) and switching to fullscreen (Alt+TAB) in any screen.

If you are trying to use the PC and play PCSX2 at the same time it doesn't work because when PCSX2 lost focus it stops to read the "pads"