How to run Xenosaga: Episode I with these requirements?
You see, I have been trying to run smoothly for some time, but it's really slow in certain in-game cinematics, or when at least 3 models appear, going to less than 15 frames.

I tried it with version 0.9.8 and 1.0.0 and there was no difference.
With the latest latest version there was an impressive improvement, but it's still not fluid, even the audio is cut in certain scenes.

I tried several settings, including some that showed on YouTube and in various forums, but there's nothing that makes a big improvement.
What I can do? 

My requirements are these:

CPU: Intel Core i3-4100M @ 2.50GHz
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600
RAM: 4GB

Sponsored links

That CPU is going to have trouble playing Xenosaga, no matter what you try to do. It is simply underpowered. The best you can do is try to use the latest development build (link in my signature). You might be able to lower the EE Cyclerate a level or two, but that may only make it worse.
(10-11-2019, 03:21 AM)pandubz Wrote: That CPU is going to have trouble playing Xenosaga, no matter what you try to do. It is simply underpowered. The best you can do is try to use the latest development build (link in my signature). You might be able to lower the EE Cyclerate a level or two, but that may only make it worse.

Oh how sad, and that several console games are perfect for me (except some cinematic of Kingdom Hearts). Sad

The final version in which I tried the game for the last time was on 1.5.0-dev-3112

Thank you! I will try that latest version of your link. 
I will soon report the progress. Biggrin
Different games are moe or less demanding then others. It depends on what features of the PS2's architecture they relied on and how expensive those parts of the PS2 are to emulate. Some of the SCEA games made by Naughty Dog are really demanding because they had a lot of acces to the PS2 dev team and used some techniques that are just not really used by other studios.

https://wiki.pcsx2.net/Category:CPU_intensive_games

This list is not all inclusive or perfect but it should give you an idea of some of the other games that you might own that may have issues on your laptop. Though just because a game is not on the list does not mean it is easy on a CPU, so yhere are others that might also have performance issues as well.

https://wiki.pcsx2.net/Category:GPU_intensive_games

These ones might also be an issue on the integrated HD4600.
(10-11-2019, 03:21 AM)pandubz Wrote: That CPU is going to have trouble playing Xenosaga, no matter what you try to do. It is simply underpowered. The best you can do is try to use the latest development build (link in my signature). You might be able to lower the EE Cyclerate a level or two, but that may only make it worse.

I just used the latest version of your link, that is, 1.5.0-dev-3303 and thank God, there is a huge improvement.

The kinematics that used to work at less than 15 fps, now works from 38 to 57 fps, and without the need to configure anything.
It's awesome.  Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

Although it's still slow, at least it's now more enjoyable and understandable.

Thank you very much to both for the help, and I will be waiting for future updates  Laugh Laugh Laugh