How to run fatal frame at normal speeds???
OMG, Deja Vu!!! Hasn't this conversation happened in the past?
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]

Sponsored links

(01-10-2015, 01:56 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Cpu-Z is showing 8-39 possible there, so that setting should be right at least.

But definitely check other ones.

Everything is set to auto in the multiplier, pretty much all default settings in the bios. Temps are fine so that shouldn't be the affecting factor. It has to something about cpu not being utilized to full extent running pcs2x.
Can you please make a prime95 benchmark and screenshot cpu-z gui during this test?
Yes, CPUs don't inherently "know" what they are running, so there is no way it can discriminate between PCSX2 and anything else.

CPU - "Oh hey, it's that damn PCSX2 again. Time to get my throttle on!"
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(01-10-2015, 10:43 PM)willkuer Wrote: Can you please make a prime95 benchmark and screenshot cpu-z gui during this test?

Like how so? i already ran pcsx2 with cpu-z up.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

So i uninstalled and reinstalled and tried to play different games but still overall it runs laggy. heres screenshots of shin megami tensei. Still game runs at ee 100%

Again your CPU is downclocked.

Please do what willkuer said.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
This may sound silly, but have you set the computer's Power Plan to High Performance? Playing NFS: HP2 on Power Saver seems to have yielded similar results as with the symptoms you have presently, although that game is somewhat more CPU-intensive than what Fatal Frame appears to be. My CPU's speed never went above 1.1 GHz, and EE%=100%.

At the same time, I can run PC games like Smite at 135fps on Power Saver also.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X @ 3.6 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660S
RAM: 16GB DDR4
(01-15-2015, 05:23 AM)junknaut Wrote: This may sound silly, but have you set the computer's Power Plan to High Performance? Playing NFS: HP2 on Power Saver seems to have yielded similar results as with the symptoms you have presently, although that game is somewhat more CPU-intensive than what Fatal Frame appears to be. My CPU's speed never went above 1.1 GHz, and EE%=100%.

At the same time, I can run PC games like Smite at 135fps on Power Saver also.

Not silly, in fact your right Smile. Setting it to high performance works. Problem was, it was set to balanced not power saver, so i didn't bother with it as it never downclocked anything else. Haven't had issues yet now and much appreciation for every1 that posted in thread.