How to speed up games in 64bit?
Hi to all. I am sory if someone already ask this, but i didnt find it. I have one problem. Before, i was use win XP SP2 32bit, and i was try to run Rogue Galaxy, and i was get max 18 FPS. Now, i install win 7 64 bit, try again to run game, but i still get 18 FPS. I cant understund why it hapend. PCSX2 wersion is 0.9.6 and my comfiguration is:

Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz
NVidia GeForce 7600 GS
3GB DDR2 Ram 800Hz
Windows 7 64bit

Can someone help me, plz. I was read that some peoples get more than 40FPS on same configuration. I didnt expext to get so much, but i was expect to get a litle beter than this. Meybe i dont use 64bit PCSX2? Does anyone have solution?
One more thing. I was try to use Direct3D 10 (Hardware) on GSdx 890 (msvc 15.00, sse2) 0.1.14, and program crash down. dose it bug or my grafic card dont suport DirextX 10?

Sponsored links

There is no dedicated 64-bit build of PCSX2 anymore. It didn't give any improvements and just doubled the codebase the developers had to support.

So dash any hopes of getting a boost by running a 64-bit build Tongue I dual-boot Win7 32-bit and Win7 64-bit on the same machine, there is no performance boost that I can measure. +/- 2 FPS, at most.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
The 7600 GS does NOT support DirectX 10 and PCSX2 does not have a 64bit build. So naturally, switching from XP to Win 7 64bit should have 0 change in speed
[Image: newsig.jpg]
You can try the latest beta (r1888), and you can try OC'ing your CPU to 3-3.2Ghz. Also try selecting Native in the GSDX configuration window. You can also try upgrading your GPU. You can get a nice card for $90+ nowadays.
Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Retina 15' | Intel Core i7-4850HQ @ 2.3-3.5Ghz | Optimus Powered nVidia Geforce GT 750M (2GB GDDR5) + Intel Iris Pro Graphics | 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RAM | Intel HD Audio | Apple Magic Trackpad | Samsung 512GB PCI-E Based SSD |
Yup. OC that proccesor and get a chubby cooler and GPU and your laughing. A coolit freezone or a TRUE would prolly allow 3Ghz without turning your proc into an A bomb. My 9800gt played games on PCSX2 better than my current 4870 IMO.
E5500 @ 3.6Ghz PNY DDR2 @850Mhz 5-5-5-14 ** GTS250 ECO @ 683/1674/1018
I newer try to OC ps, so, i am afraid. I dont have money to buy new PC if something go wrong. I was plan to get 2Gb more Ram memory for programs i use (I am trying to learn 3DS max), will that have some difrence in games or not?
Wow, native give me 33+ FPS. Now game is playable. Thx decode1984.
(12-10-2009, 02:35 AM)Nuke Wrote: Yup. OC that proccesor and get a chubby cooler and GPU and your laughing. A coolit freezone or a TRUE would prolly allow 3Ghz without turning your proc into an A bomb. My 9800gt played games on PCSX2 better than my current 4870 IMO.

ummm, no need to waste money on extra cooling if all you're doing is overclocking an e6750 to 3GHz... it does it perfectly fine with stock cooling. temperature rarely hits 50c... i have my cpu warning temperature set to 60 and i have NEVER had any temperature warnings with my own e6750 overclocked to 3GHz with just the stock cooler... and the GPU makes less impact than you think... i managed just fine with a DAMAGED ati x1650 for a while and now this 3870 takes everything i throw at it
Processor: Core i7 2600 3.4GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x2GB Dual Channel DDR3 PC 12800
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H77-D3H
Graphics: 2x Radeon HD 3870
Adding 2GB of ram won't help PCSX2. It will however help with 3DSmax. Not to mention with other Windows programs in the background. The basic principal with programs like Maya, 3DSmax, and photoshop is: the more memory, the better.

You can also boost performance on 3DSmax AND PCSX2 by upgrading your GPU. Your's is kind of outdated and you can get a decent card for about $100. Like the Nvidia Geforce 9600-9800 series cards. Having a good GPU will benefit you in 3DSmax and allow you to get better fps in PCSX2. Even while allowing you to use resolutions higher than native. Keep in mind, having a faster GPU will also result in faster performance in PC gaming as well.

OC'ing your CPU can be a pretty confusing task. There are many things to take into account for system stability. Since your CPU is clocked at 2.66Ghz stock, you don't need to OC it that much to get it to recommended speeds. (3-3.2Ghz) Mainly, the things you have to make sure of if you decide to OC are: If your Power Supply can efficiently output enough power to the system when it's OC'ed. (OC'ing your CPU increases power consumption.) If your mainboard even supports it. (most OEM manufacturer boards don't even give you the option to adjust the CPU settings.)

Also if your ram can support the OC. When you OC your CPU, you have to increase the FSB clock speed. (Front Side Bus = the link between your CPU to the rest of the mainboard.) When you do this, you automatically increase the memory clock speed. Most ram can handle a mild OC, cheaper ones may not.

One more thing, if you are using the fan and heatsink that came in the box of the CPU, do not think of OC'ing. Those fans BARELY do the job to cool off the CPU at stock settings. If you plan on OC'ing, you will need an aftermarket cooler. Might I recommend the Zalman 9000+ series coolers. Do not skimp on thermal paste either. Artic Silver 5 may be a bit expensive, but it shaves off an avg of 5-10c on temps. A Pea-sized amount will do the job.

These might sound like costly upgrades, but they are really not. Not to mention they will let you keep your computer longer. If you get these, then I have no doubt you will get better performance. Windows will run more snappier, 3DSmax would load quicker and perform better (3DSmax HEAVILY relies on GPU power and ram, if it does not have a powerful GPU it will resort to CPU power.) and PCSX2 would run faster with higher resolutions.
Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Retina 15' | Intel Core i7-4850HQ @ 2.3-3.5Ghz | Optimus Powered nVidia Geforce GT 750M (2GB GDDR5) + Intel Iris Pro Graphics | 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RAM | Intel HD Audio | Apple Magic Trackpad | Samsung 512GB PCI-E Based SSD |
(12-10-2009, 06:15 PM)Infel Wrote:
(12-10-2009, 02:35 AM)Nuke Wrote: Yup. OC that proccesor and get a chubby cooler and GPU and your laughing. A coolit freezone or a TRUE would prolly allow 3Ghz without turning your proc into an A bomb. My 9800gt played games on PCSX2 better than my current 4870 IMO.

ummm, no need to waste money on extra cooling if all you're doing is overclocking an e6750 to 3GHz... it does it perfectly fine with stock cooling. temperature rarely hits 50c... i have my cpu warning temperature set to 60 and i have NEVER had any temperature warnings with my own e6750 overclocked to 3GHz with just the stock cooler... and the GPU makes less impact than you think... i managed just fine with a DAMAGED ati x1650 for a while and now this 3870 takes everything i throw at it

Stock cooling is a hit or miss. Stock coolers tend to be much louder and run at faster RPM's which kill it's lifespan. You also have to take into account, of how much heat the CPU will generate.

Not all CPU's will be efficient. Some CPU's will run hotter than others. Case temps also play a BIG part in effective stock cooling.

As well as airflow inside the case. If the airflow is low, and case temps are high, that CPU will burn to a crisp. I suggest trying OCCT 3.1 and running it for a few hours. Also watching the temps to see how high they go on stock cooling.

If he will go with 3DSmax, his card will not cut it. He needs an upgrade and there are options out there. An upgraded GPU will also speedup his PCSX2, since he has to run native to get a speed boost. A 3870 is fine for someone who does light gaming, but if you will use programs like Maya, 3DSmax, and Photoshop, getting a stronger card will help a lot. Especially now that a lot of programs are taking advantage of CUDA. It won't be long before those programs do as well. Thats where Nvidia Geforce 8+ series cards will excel.