How to start PCSX2 with compressed disc image via command line parameter
Hi,

I try to start different compressed image files via command line parameters. I used Linuz ISO CDVD plugin to compress the image to the bz2 format. When I use the "--usecd" parameter the last used image is beeing loaded but I can not find a way to start another compressed image. 

It seems that PCSX2 saves the path of the last image somewhere I can not find. I tried also to use an other folder for the inis for every game but at my tests still the last used image was loaded.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Sponsored links

You can now read compressed files using the internal ISOloader. I think gzip and cso are currently implemented. Using the internal ISO loader it would be probably easy to load games. With the linuzplugin I am unsure. It will be hard to use command line args on a plugin in a plugin environment selecting specific noninterfacial functions...
(10-05-2015, 12:35 AM)Mattn Wrote: Hi,

I try to start different compressed image files via command line parameters. I used Linuz ISO CDVD plugin to compress the image to the bz2 format. When I use the "--usecd" parameter the last used image is beeing loaded but I can not find a way to start another compressed image. 

It seems that PCSX2 saves the path of the last image somewhere I can not find. I tried also to use an other folder for the inis for every game but at my tests still the last used image was loaded.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Not sure I have a solution for this specific use case, but it would help if you stated whether it's an issue only with compressed images with the plugin, or also with uncompressed images with the plugin.

If you're interested, PCSX2 builds from the past year or so support gzip compressed images natively (i.e. without plugins), and more recent builds also support cso compression. Just take any image which PCSX2 supports natively (iso, nrg, cue/bin, etc) and compress it to gzip or cso with a tool of your choice.

gz and cso are more standard formats than the bz2 variant which this plugin uses and typically should not end up much bigger, if at all. You can also use the native file system compression (e.g. NTFS compression).

Not using a plugin also makes it more convenient to choose a recently selected iso from the CDVD menu -> Iso selector, and probably also makes it easier to choose/launch from CLI.
^ Just for the record, for CSO I believe you have to use maxcso to compress as it is the only one that properly supports ISO larger than 4GB. That's the way it was explained to me when I wrote it for the progress report.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Hello again,

thank you for your advices. Today I found the time to compress an image to cso format with maxcso and test it. At first I tried to start the cso image from gui before doing it wich cli but I already get an file not found error for cso files in the gui.

Do I have to make something in the options to be able to start cso files with version 1.2.1?
PCSX2 1.2.1 doesn't support gzip or cso. Read my earlier comment. For 1.2.1 you can use NTFS compression of the filesystem itself.
@avih: Hi. Actually I want to compress the images not the complete filesystem. You wrote earlier that "more recent builds" support cso natively so I though 1.2.1 should be capable of. Is there a reason for not providing this feature anymore or will it be implemented again in one of the next versions? Is there a list of what compression methods are supported by what version?
It's already implemented, but it was implemented after the 1.2.1 release, and thus it will be included in the next release.

Don't ask when the next release would be because we don't know, but you could try recent development builds from here http://pcsx2.net/download/development/git.html

You have the list. The plugin (provided with 1.2.1) supports non standard bzip2, and more recent pcsx2 supports natively gzip and cso.