How to transfer DBZBT3 replay data from PCSX2 to a real PS2?
Hi there, i'm a new member of the pcsx2 forums, and i came here to know about how can i transfer my dragon ball z budokai tenkaichi 3 replay data from the emulator to my PS2.

Firstly, i am using ULE to do so, and i have a pendrive to transfer data between my computer and my ps2. I converted my replay data to .psu, put them in a folder for each file, and renamed them accordingly to the game's ID. I've pasted said data to the root of my memory card, and everything seems fine at that point. But the problem starts when i want to view the replays in my PS2; it says that "the replay data is corrupted" and doesn't let me do anything from that point. What am i doing wrong?

Also, as i said, i'm a newbie here, and i don't know if this thread belongs here.

EDIT: Just to be sure, i did a quick battle on my PS2, saved the data, and transferred it to my pc. The difference of the main file (let's name it file 1) from file 2-6, is that file 1 is a normal file, whereas file 2,3,4,5 and 6 are PSU files. Should i try removing the extension from the files, or did i missed some step in the process of conversion of the files?

Sponsored links

I have two guesses on this - the first thing you should do is make the file extensions sync up at least. Hopefully some difference there is all that wrong and figuring out what exactly the game wants will fix it.

There is a second, albeit less common issue. It could be some kind of failsafe if it doesn't think the replay will sync. F-Zero GX will abort replays as corrupted on GameCube if they won't sync up. If it relies on any rounding differences between PS2 and whatever rounding mode you used when recording the replay, there's a real chance that the replay won't sync. You can probably test this within PCSX2 by changing rounding modes and trying to load replays... if they still load, then this definitely isn't it.

While I don't have the PS2 version of this game, I did try transferring a replay between Dolphin and the Wii, and it seems to work, so I don't see any TECHNICAL reason this shouldn't work either. It's just a matter of finessing the replay successfully onto console. Do note, even if you get the replay loading on console, there's no guarantee it syncs up.
(04-25-2017, 10:50 AM)JMC47 Wrote: the first thing you should do is make the file extensions sync up at least. 
How do i do that? having the files be the same extension as the one created by my PS2?
Yeah, it should be fairly trivial to edit the file extension so they match up. That's most likely going to be what's causing it not to load.

If they still don't load, you may need to look at it with a hex-editor and see if there are some other differences in the formatting, but that that point you may need some Reverse engineering knowledge.
(04-25-2017, 10:34 PM)JMC47 Wrote: Yeah, it should be fairly trivial to edit the file extension so they match up.  That's most likely going to be what's causing it not to load.

If they still don't load, you may need to look at it with a hex-editor and see if there are some other differences in the formatting, but that that point you may need some Reverse engineering knowledge.
I... Don't know about that at all... Sad i barely know how to create a program that says hello and your name... Sad

Isn't there some other way to fix it? I've tried what you said and it's the same problem...
I don't have a PS2 currently setup for easy homebrew access or the game in question (at least for PS2), so, I can't really help you any further. Sorry.