How to transfer PS2 game save to USB drive with PS3?
A friend of mines gave me his YLOD 60GB PlayStation 3 and I was able to revive it back to life. I have a USB PlayStation 2 memory card reader for the PS3 which I want to transfer a game save on it to my USB drive then move it over to my computer so that I can load it on PCSX2 using the MYMC utility. I wasn't able to find an option to this on the PS3, the only one that was given to me is to transfer the PS2 game save to the internal PS2 memory card on the PS3. Would it be possible to do this given what I have on hand?

Sponsored links

You can transfer your saved from the PS3MCA's inserted card to the virtual PS2 memory card, then transfer from there to a USB mass storage device that is attached to your PS3.

From there you can use mymc to import your save data, contained in psu files, into a virtual .ps2 memory card file.
(04-08-2017, 02:29 AM)uyjulian Wrote: You can transfer your saved from the PS3MCA's inserted card to the virtual PS2 memory card, then transfer from there to a USB mass storage device that is attached to your PS3.

From there you can use mymc to import your save data, contained in psu files, into a virtual .ps2 memory card file.

After transferring to the virtual PS2 memory card on the PS3, there's no option to transfer it to a USB drive.
(04-08-2017, 12:16 PM)gh0stp1rate Wrote: After transferring to the virtual PS2 memory card on the PS3, there's no option to transfer it to a USB drive.

That's odd. Your savedata is probably "copy-protected".

If your PS3 has CFW on it, you can just look through the filesystem and extract the virtual PS2 memory card from there.

Otherwise, you can connect the PS3MCA to your PC and use PS3MCA Tool to dump the memory card onto your PC's storage device, which is usable with PCSX2.
What's CFW? I have the PS3MCA Tool, but what's the command to dump the contents of the memory card onto my PC's storage?

EDIT: So I guess CFW is Custom Firmware from what I've been reading on the PSX-SCENE Forums. I'll look more into "Jailbreaking" and installing a CFW on my PS3 to see if I can transfer that PS2 game save onto a USB drive.