How to update to the 1.5.0 builds?
So I have been looking around and can't seem to find a guide on here or google, on how to update 1.4.0 to 1.5.0 builds. I only care to do so as many places are stating that the 1.5.0 builds can play ps1 games as well as ps2. Is there a guide I have missed somewhere, can anyone help out, or must I start from scratch with each new build?

Sponsored links

https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
I know where and how to download it, I just want to know if there is a way to update, the files, instead of uninstalling 1.4.0 then downloading 1.5.0 and not having it install the same way 1.4.0 does. If that is clearer.
(08-02-2018, 08:31 PM)Strider18 Wrote: I know where and how to download it, I just want to know if there is a way to update, the files, instead of uninstalling 1.4.0 then downloading 1.5.0 and not having it install the same way 1.4.0 does. If that is clearer.

It doesn't have an installer you copy over the old pcsx2 installation and make sure your memcards are safe before hand so they dont get overwritten
The 1.5.0 are running in portable mode by default(the archive contains a file nammed portable.ini).
If you just extract all from the archive into the 1.4.0 directory and then delete the portable.ini,that will make the 1.5.0 to work as the installer version,otherwise,it will look for the memory cards and some other folder in the directory where pcsx2 is.

Sometimes(rarely)weird results happen when you are using old inis(settings)files so it will be a good idea to reconfigure it by deleting the inis folder from Documents\PCSX2
Yeah it's not like Dolphin and Citra where it checks for an update and then updates it. Maybe one of the devs can implement an auto updater at some point down the road if that is even possible. Also I'ts better if the configuration files are in the same folder as the emulator itself because it causes less havoc when editing them or copying them over to an updated version of the emulator.
I kind of like this way since I usually run a few versions of various emulators. The latest to test some games and in case there is an issue on earlier versions. I also run earlier versions if the performance is better and there are no issues with that specific game. If you use the portable version then all of the memory card\configuration\patch\cheat files are all in the emulator folder as well. If I want to test something I can just make a full copy of the folder mess around with a bunch of settings then delete the folder if I really screw something up.

When I want to install a new version of the Dev builds I just download it and copy my memory card folder and cheat folder I never copy savestates or anything else.

I do the exact same thing for Dolphin, Citra, PPSSPP, and every other emulator I use.