How to use 60 fps patches?
I have found the 60 fps patch thread here: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-60-fps-codes

But I don't know how to use them. I know you have to put the code in a .pnach file but I don't know the syntax.

Can anyone please explain how to do it? I'm using the latest Qt version 1.7.2967

Sponsored links

Codes on that thread are on raw format, you can put it on pnach format like this

Code:
patch=1,EE,aaaaaaaa,extended,vvvvvvvv

Where "aaaaaaaa" is the address of where the values you want to change and "vvvvvvvv" is your desired value. So for example if you see a codes like "203CA748 0000003C", "203CA748" is the address and "0000003C" is the desired value. "extended" is the data type of the codes. There's also "byte", "short", and "word", but extended is more flexible since they can use any form of the values without being restricted by the data types.

More info here
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]
Ok I'm looking at this code for Batman Vengeance: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-60-fps-c...#pid552125

I made 5BD38469.pnach file and put in it

Code:
patch=1,EE,2049EAE0,extended,2C410001

I then put this file in the "cheats" folder and also enabled cheats in the settings.

But the code isn't working. The game still runs at 30fps. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
(06-20-2022, 02:32 AM)sh121 Wrote: Ok I'm looking at this code for Batman Vengeance: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-60-fps-c...#pid552125

I made 5BD38469.pnach file and put in it

Code:
patch=1,EE,2049EAE0,extended,2C410001

I then put this file in the "cheats" folder and also enabled cheats in the settings.

But the code isn't working. The game still runs at 30fps. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

It said that the codes "Amount of testing: Little", so it might be not be thoroughly tested. Also, have you tried to enable the cheats before you booting the game?
(06-20-2022, 03:11 AM)BloodRaynare Wrote: It said that the codes "Amount of testing: Little", so it might be not be thoroughly tested. Also, have you tried to enable the cheats before you booting the game?

Yes I did all of that before booting the game.
(06-20-2022, 03:13 AM)sh121 Wrote: Yes I did all of that before booting the game.

According to redump database, there are two version of Batman Vengeance with the differing date of the game's executable. Looks like the codes was made with the either of those version that might be not the same as yours (That means different CRC too).
You're right. That 60 fps patch was for the old dump and I had the newer dump named "Rev1". The patch is working now.

Now here is another problem. I'm also using widescreen patch for the game and the patch included with PCSX2 is only for the newer dump which means I'm back to 4:3 or 16:9(stretched). I couldn't find a WS patch for the older dump. Do you have any idea where I can find the WS patch for the older dump? Either that or a 60 fps patch for the newer dump.
For the WS patch you can try to request for that here. About the 60fps one, maybe you can try to request in that 60fps codes thread too perhaps,
Ok I'll try thanks!