How to use cheats on 1.0.0
I can't seem to figure out how to enable the cheats. I tried making a cheats folder, a cheat folder, patch patches etc. I downloaded a pnach file from this site, people reported it was working. It matches my games crc
ELF (cdrom0:\SCUS_972.13;1) Game CRC = 0x1DF41F33
All the guides I saw showed the word 'Cheats' under misc, but this was on an older version I believe. I have the Cheats Enabled, or however, box checked.

No cheats found. Resuming execution without cheats...

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks

Sponsored links

does the pnach file name have the same name as your Game CRC?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-22-2013, 12:51 AM)refraction Wrote: does the pnach file name have the same name as your Game CRC?

1DF41F33.pnach That's how it is. Completely unedited.
can you paste the contents of the file?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Also, thanks for your quick responses.

gametitle=Dark Cloud 2 USA
// Max Synth Points For The Last Item Slot
patch=1,EE,01e22740,short,000003e7
// Max Items Amount For The Slot Before Last Item Slot.
patch=1,EE,01E226A8,short,000003e7
// Max\Infinite Gilda
patch=1,EE,21E6384C,word,0098967F
// Item Modifier 0 - 428
patch=0,EE,01E2262E,short,00000000

Edit: Nevermind, still not working. Just saw more things in console logs and overlooked the no cheats found error.

Edit 2.0: I realized I have _two_ directories, somehow. I located the one with the .exe for pcsx2 in it and put the pnach file in there and the cheats loaded.
I hate to hijack a thread, but I have the same problem with Codebreaker codes converted. Not sure if the codes themselves make a big difference, but it always says "no cheats found" even though the pnach file name matches the games CRC. I'm not new to using pnaches either mind you, so I was wondering if it's just the newest build that does it or not as the last time I used this program the older versions worked fine.
(04-22-2013, 02:05 AM)xMudkips Wrote: I hate to hijack a thread, but I have the same problem with Codebreaker codes converted. Not sure if the codes themselves make a big difference, but it always says "no cheats found" even though the pnach file name matches the games CRC. I'm not new to using pnaches either mind you, so I was wondering if it's just the newest build that does it or not as the last time I used this program the older versions worked fine.

Nothing changed, no cheats found means the file is wrongly named or at incorrect folder. Even if the file was empty but at the correct place the message would be different.

Make sure the cheat files are in a folder named "cheats" under "PCSX2" install folder and not at a possible PCSX2 folder located at /Documents.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Ooooh, that's my fault then, I was under the impression it was supposed to be in /patches from the last time I had used it.
(04-22-2013, 02:35 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Nothing changed, no cheats found means the file is wrongly named or at incorrect folder. Even if the file was empty but at the correct place the message would be different.

Make sure the cheat files are in a folder named "cheats" under "PCSX2" install folder and not at a possible PCSX2 folder located at /Documents.

That was the mistake I was making! Haha!
Sorry to double post, but I just created a cheats folder, moved and even remade my pnach, and it still shows up as "no cheats found" as I boot up my game.

Oh never mind, figured it out.