How to use real EyeToy?
I am using v1.6.0.
I have a real eyetoy plugged into my desktop.
How do I use it?
I tried using the USBqemu plugin, but it crashes PCSX2 when I try to configure it.

Sponsored links

Hi, to use a real EyeToy, you will need to follow these steps:

1. Connect the EyeToy to the PlayStation 2 console: The EyeToy should come with a USB cable that you can plug into one of the USB ports on the front of the PlayStation 2 console.

2. Install the EyeToy drivers: When you first connect the EyeToy to the PlayStation 2, you will need to install the EyeToy drivers on your console. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
3. Adjust the camera settings: Once the drivers are installed, you can adjust the camera settings to optimize the image quality. You can do this by going to the EyeToy settings in the PlayStation 2 menu and adjusting the brightness, contrast, and other camera settings as desired.

4. Play EyeToy games: With the EyeToy connected and the drivers installed, you can start playing EyeToy games. Simply insert an EyeToy-compatible game into the PlayStation 2 console and follow the on-screen instructions to start playing.
(07-11-2023, 06:40 AM)jarrodshumate Wrote: Hi, to use a real EyeToy, you will need to follow these steps:

1. Connect the EyeToy to the PlayStation 2 console: The EyeToy should come with a USB cable that you can plug into one of the USB ports on the front of the PlayStation 2 console.

2. Install the EyeToy drivers: When you first connect the EyeToy to the PlayStation 2, you will need to install the EyeToy drivers on your console. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
3. Adjust the camera settings: Once the drivers are installed, you can adjust the camera settings to optimize the image quality. You can do this by going to the EyeToy settings in the PlayStation 2 menu and adjusting the brightness, contrast, and other camera settings as desired.

4. Play EyeToy games: With the EyeToy connected and the drivers installed, you can start playing EyeToy games. Simply insert an EyeToy-compatible game into the PlayStation 2 console and follow the on-screen instructions to start playing.

I think he is referring to the emulator, not the PS2 console.

But to the OP, as said above, but for your PC not PS2.

Also it might be worth checking CONTROLLER SETTINGS then set a USB PORT to WEBCAM (EYETOY), then from the dropdown menu select the EYETOY (which will likely be detected as a WEBCAM on windows).

Then you can configure it properly.