How to use the myMC tool to import/export saves from PCSX2
Hey "OP",    what is that, like ..."official ... punk". Sounds legit so I'll get at you. But seriously now I hope someone can help me because it's difficult not knowing something and trying to know it. Not knowing it, ya know?

okay so is this possible? ..I played and beat ratchet and clank going commando (ps2) on PCSX2. I'm about to get a full backwards compatible ps3 to play all other ratchet and clank games for ps2 and ps3 (miss those old games). However I didn't want to have to replay and beat that particular game again on the ps3 console. So can I transfer that save over from the pcsx2 to the ps3 virtual internal mem card? I looked into getting a ps3 memory adapter to be able to use a ps2 mem card with it, but those things are so expensive! idk why, so I don't want to have to get that.

If it is possible can I have a pointer to an explanation of how to do so?

Sponsored links

It should be possible but you're going to need the device you don't want and a PS2. You would need to transfer your save from PCSX2 to a real PS2 memory card using the PS2 and then to the PS3 using adapter.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
"Note that if myMC complains that errors occurred and instructs you to see the log file, you will need to do an extra step. See below in that case. "

Where is that extra step? I couldn't find it.
I open the log file and find this:
"Usage: D:\'path to mymc'\mymc\mymc-gui.exe [-ih] memcard.ps2 command [...]

D:\'path to mymc'\mymc\mymc-gui.exe: error: Incorrect number of arguments."
Sorry, I'm having a little trouble with this guide. I'm specifically trying to backup my PS2 memory cards saves for use with PCSX2. I do not have a modded ps2, but I have a memory card to usb adaptor that the PS3 used. What steps do I need to take to have my PC read the card? Do I need to mod my ps2?
(11-24-2016, 07:14 AM)Loput Wrote: "Note that if myMC complains that errors occurred and instructs you to see the log file, you will need to do an extra step. See below in that case. "

Where is that extra step? I couldn't find it.
I open the log file and find this:
"Usage: D:\'path to mymc'\mymc\mymc-gui.exe [-ih] memcard.ps2 command [...]

D:\'path to mymc'\mymc\mymc-gui.exe: error: Incorrect number of arguments."
Users of Windows Vista, Windows 7 or newer need to download and install the files MSVCR71.DLL and MSVCP71.DLL into the same directory you installed mymc.
Google to find them.
Hi guys, I was able to extract all the data from my old PS2 memory cards and it works on the emulator. Here's how I did it, hope it helps someone.

My PS2 still works (kind of) and I can still hook it up to the TV and everything, so you need to have a working PS2 to do it the way I did it. My joypad is dead though so I had to hook up a USB keyboard to the PS2 (you can use the arrows and the enter key and the escape key, that's all you need).

Here's what I did. I plugged my memory card in my PS2 and a USB key. Then I started the PS2 with the Action Replay MAX disc.

When the PS2 boots up to the Action Replay MAX menu, you have some options on the bottom of the screen. Choose "Max Memory" (it has the drawing of two memory cards).

This gets you to a new menu. Now choose "My devices."

Then you get to a screen where you have a drawing of two memory cards and a USB key. If you have a memory card and a USB key inserted and the PS2 detects them, they will be highlighted on this screen.

So, choose the memory card you want to use. You will see a list of the save files on that memory card. Just put a check next to every thing to select them all, then on the menu on the right site choose "copy" and copy them to your USB key.

Then wait, because it can take some time to copy since the data transfer is a bit slow (at least on my machine).

When it's done, just take out the USB key and hook it up to your computer. You will have a bunch of ".max" files.

For example, my Soul Calibur 3 save file was named "21216_6797_SOULCALIBU.max"

Anyway, just put all those files on a folder on your PC.

Then create a new memory card with PCSX2 (a .ps2 file). This is the memory card you're going to put your old saves on.

Open the MyMc program and choose that .ps2 file you just created. Then click on "import" and select all your ".max" files that you got out of your USB key. Then just wait to let the program do the work.

When you see the saves listed on the screen, it's done! Your .ps2 file now has the saves from your old memory card!

A couple of things:

1. I suppose there are different versions of Action Replay max... I'm not sure if they all work or which ones work. I googled Action Replay Max and I found an image of a disc that looks exactly like mine (https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0584/6...4x1024.jpg)

2. I still have the old USB key that came with the action replay max (and it still worked). It looks just like the one on this picture (http://www.puolenkuunpelit.com/kauppa/im...dition.jpg).

I first tried using one of my usual USB keys, which is 32 gb... it didn't work. My PS2 just froze when it tried to access it. I think it's just way too big. The USB key that comes with Action Replay is much smaller, and it worked perfectly. I don't know if you absolutely HAVE to use that exact USB key or if you simply have to use one that doesn't have much space. Anyway, I'm just saying what worked for me.

Also, I'm not sure how relevant it is, but my PS2 model is SCPH-50001 (one of the bulky models, not the newer "slim" ones)

Good luck
can someone please attach a memory card file that simply has an 'ethernet' connection that will work via my emulator PSCX2? I'm on mac but i think i have the file i will be good to go.
You can't play online. Servers have been dead for years
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Hey, I was trying to import a save file from gamefaqs for the game Bakugan: Battle Brawlers, MyMC does say that i imported the save file but the file is not showing up in-game. Don't know if the this forum is still alive or not but i'll take all the help that i can get.
It could mean two things(or both)
1.You are not placing the save into the correct memory card
2.You are importing a save for different region of the game than yours