How well do these games work?
First of all, I just finished Kingdom Hearts 2 on the emulator, and I couldn't be more pleased with all the work the team has done, it's been just phenomenal. That said, finishing KH2 has left me... a void, so to speak. So, I'm looking to play some similar games on PCSX2. Here's a list:

Star Ocean 3
Odin Sphere
Kingdom Hearts: Re:Chain of Memories
Devil May Cry 1, 2, and 3
God of War 1 and 2
God Hand

So how do they all run? Also, feel free to suggest more games with some similarity to KH/KH2 that run near-perfect on the emulator.
///Intel Q6600 @ 3.4GHz OC'd ~Xigmatek HDT-S1283 HS/F~Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB~Corsair 2x1GB 1066 DDR2RAM~Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit\\\

Sponsored links

only game ive played that you have listed is so3

with rv681, and the right plugins and settings it runs near flawlessly. awesome awesome game to
Star Ocean 3 runs great, near perfect, but still some graphical glitches. Odin Sphere runs perfect with no visible graphical errors, with ZeroGS, any core 2 duo should be able to run it at full speed. I haven't played much of Re: CoM but from what I can tell, it runs fine. God of War 1 & 2 are still pretty broken, don't expect to be able to finish (or even get very far) in the games...and I've never played God Hand...is it any good?

Oh, I haven't played DMC1 or 2, but from the 20 minutes or so that I played DMC3, everything looked perfect.
There's:
- Ar Tonelico 1 & 2
- Atelier Iris 1 & 2
- Final Fantasy X
God Hand runs slow on the newest version of the Playground, but perfectly on the previous one.
I finished Odin Sphere on a E8400 @ 3.0 and works great!
It's works better than ps2 itself, I think...
It was very fun! Do a try...

If you like RPG/ Strategy games, play Makai Kingdom
It's a light game with a lot of fantastic speaks
Zetta, the main caracter it's the best anti-hero ever!
C2D E8400 | P5N-E SLI |2x1024 DDR2 800Mhz Corsair XMS2 4-4-4-12 | XFX 9600GT | Seagate SATA2 250 GB | Thermaltake Purepower 500W
Makai Kingdom is a disgaea like game?
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 4.4.3.5
Yeah, It's build between disgaea 1 and disgaea 2 by Nippon Ichi.

But It's ever better than Disgaea 2 in my opnion...

The move and atack in makai kingdom it's a range radius type
instead of square type of disgaea.

But the great thing it's the "Bad-ass Freakin' Overlord" Zetta.

And Laharl, Flone, Etna are playables hiddens caracteres.

My favorite ps2 game.
C2D E8400 | P5N-E SLI |2x1024 DDR2 800Mhz Corsair XMS2 4-4-4-12 | XFX 9600GT | Seagate SATA2 250 GB | Thermaltake Purepower 500W
Hijacking this topic, rather than creating a new one. I don't know if there's a specific place we're supposed to ask questions like this (or if we're not supposed to ask at all - apologies in advance if so).

How well do Rule of Rose, Forbidden Siren and Kuon run? The former in particular. I'm thinking about buying these games, but it's obviously quite an expense if they don't work (my PS2 is at home, and I'm at university armed with my laptop). I've been in a major survival horror mood recently, the Fatal Frame fixes have been a godsend - excellent stuff!
(02-06-2009, 08:52 AM)coisman Wrote: God of War 1 & 2 are still pretty broken, don't expect to be able to finish (or even get very far) in the games...

Not true... Tongue! You can nearly finish GoW, but there is white screen near end of the game (take a look at this for more info http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3404.html). GoW 2 is having green problem for a moment lol, but me think that it will be fixed (soon)!