How well does your laptop play ps2?
How well does your laptop play ps2? If it plays it very well then please post its specs and where to get it here! If it doesn't play ps2 at all, and it is obvious that it wouldn't you probably shouldn't reply. But if your laptop seemed like it should play, but doesn't or doesn't well for a non-obvious reason, that would be good to know. Also it would be good to know if it plays intensive games well. I read in a post that Metal Gear Solid 3 was intensive, but what ever is currently an "intensive game" and the ability for the laptop to play it is useful knowledge.

Why I'm asking: I did a search for forum topics that contained the word laptop, and after seeing people posting does MY, will MY, * MY laptop play ps2 several times a month, and seeing that occasionally somebody would post that their laptop played in reply to the topic, I thought a better question would be to ask about other people's laptops. Of course I'm interested in getting a laptop that plays ps2, but I don't want to ask if x,x,x,x, will play for the 60th time on this forum.

As a laptop that plays ps2 will continue to do so in the future(until it breaks :-), this should be a good place for all time on picking laptops that do so.

Thanks for your time,

pcsx2fan1

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Some Laptops that play and the person's experience to get you started:

AMD Athlon Dual Core QL-65 2.1 GHz
3 GB ram
ATI Radeon 3100 w/256 mb video memory
Current Estimated Price ?
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-9555.html

Dell Inspiron 1520
Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 2.4 GHz
2 Gb RAM DDR2
Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT 256 Mb (drivers up to 185.85)
Current Estimated Price ?
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-7995-post...l#pid59150

Sponsored links

I have an Acer laptop (can't remember specific model) which plays FFX at between ~40-80 FPS (mostly around 40-50), which is playable, if a little slow at times. This is without any speedhacks at all. Mostly limited by the crap graphics card though. Specs are:

Windows 7 x64
C2D P7450 (2.13Ghz)
NVIDIA 9300M GS
4GB DDR2 RAM
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
i use an acer 7738G
overclocked the core2quad mobile Q9000 to 2.4GHZ, so far the games i wanted to play worked fine

that is FFX, FFX-2 FFXII , the kingdom hearts games and zone of the enders
[Image: 1454055.png]
"Intense" in pcsx2 world mean that you need 4GHz dual core processor for adequate speed.
Easy:
Currently all laptops for $3000 and up will work reasonably well.

The problem is that laptops usually have low power cpu's.
The 4Ghz Zeydlitz mentioned are no joke, and "normal" notebooks don't have half of that.
i spent 1000$ on my laptop and it runs relatively well.
its only 2.13 GHz however it used to run pcsx2 flawlessly
now it still runs it but theres a lot of common lagtimes.
i think i just failed to set it up correctly however.

persona 4 is running at about 50fps out of 60, so i might have to get the beta and see how that works
pcsx2 runs more or less, depending of the game, P3 and P4 are good, with slowdowns here and there, but I can reach 60 fps sometimes, kingdom hearts runs fine and nocturne runs at 30-45 fps max... I might be able to get more speed but I dunno how, speed hacks don't do too much in this game
lately I haven't played it because my laptop gets kind of hot (I live in a hot zone, where the common temperature is 30-35 °C) and only when I use the A/C is when I run the program (the last time I didn't used it and used the emulator the CPU got at 90°C with the 100% load)
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32