How well will an HD5450 do for Pcsx2?
If it helps the only games i really want to play are kingdom hearts 1 and 2.

my ps2 quit reading disk's so i am trying to build a pc out of spare parts i can hook to my tv to replace it,but the only spare card i have with HDMI is an HD 5450.

Also the rest of system is:
Core 2 Quad q8400
Gigabyte mobo
8GB ddr2 800mhz
600w psuĀ 
and a few old hard drives

Sponsored links

It's bad for many PS2 games, but it should be fine with the Kingdom Hearts games, as those are some of the least demanding games out there.
(11-30-2016, 03:06 PM)FlatOut Wrote: It's bad for many PS2 games, but it should be fine with the Kingdom Hearts games, as those are some of the least demanding games out there.

Some scenes in KH slammed by HTC 650 back when I last used that card
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
It should work ok, i had same graphic card with some amd quad core on 2,7ghz and 4gb ddr3 ram, and i had no problem playing any pcsx2 game, heck most games i played back in years was on some hd4000 card,and when i got hd5450 i could play most games on 2x-4x internal resolution with no fps drop. For the main part in emulating cpu is responsible, and tweaking setting to best work for your rig. I should say that i played all the games on 1366x768 resolution, so i don't know how higher resolutions will work. Some games will require to do some cpu speedhacks , and if it wont break game turn on MTVU multi-thread it will greatly improve fps.