How would i go about making this run faster
btw IM using pcxs2 0.9.8
Okay so i wanted to try playing a few games with this but the problem is that the games are too slow
(in case the games are the problem)
im trying to play Jojo bizarre adventure golden wind (or wing iunno) Airblades, and Ape escape Million Monkeys but they all are going too slow
ive tried all the speedhacks in the speedhacks tabs and no matter what i put nothing has been affected at all even if i turn on all of them
and framelimiting is enabled, and the frame skipping is barely any help
is my pc the reason its slow?
Win Vista home premium
2 gb RAM
direct x11
Intel Pentium 2.8ghz
Nvidia geforce 7600 yet i am able to run a good amount of online games
so if you could tell me what to do thatd be greatly appreciated

Sponsored links

(11-01-2011, 12:24 AM)SalemFox Wrote: (...)
is my pc the reason its slow?
(...)

Yes.

PCSX2 is an emulator and althrough PS2 is over 10 yo console, it's completely different architecture than PC, and soo emulation requires alot of processing power from pc hardware to cover the differences. Basically you need a system that is able to run nicely new pc games to play ps2 games on it with decent/full speed. Yours is too awfully slow to play anything without irritation and soo you should generally forget about pcsx2 untill you upgrade to something new and decent.

Sorry! Mate but the specs are a bit too slow for pcsx2. you would really need a newer CPU. such as Intel core I series, and a Graphics Card from Nvidia Geforce GTX series. Smile
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
upgrading the processor and graphic cards will do the trick
[Image: 871087.png]

*Mio sees a ghost for the first time*
Mio: Aaaaaaah!! x_x
Seriously, the way she acts, you'd think she grew up with ghosts.
Why upgrade. Better buy a new PC. Laugh
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
(11-01-2011, 08:48 PM)RenShijo-Kun Wrote: upgrading the processor and graphic cards will do the trick
To do so he'll have to replace the motherboard and because of that the RAM too. Likely the new cpu/video card combo will also require more Wattage so he should also get a higher rated PSU, and that means the only thing that will be the same would be his case.

In the end it's a very expensive venture from where he is at.
(11-02-2011, 11:19 PM)skythra Wrote: To do so he'll have to replace the motherboard and because of that the RAM too. Likely the new cpu/video card combo will also require more Wattage so he should also get a higher rated PSU, and that means the only thing that will be the same would be his case.

In the end it's a very expensive venture from where he is at.

well like they said no pain no gain Glare
[Image: 871087.png]

*Mio sees a ghost for the first time*
Mio: Aaaaaaah!! x_x
Seriously, the way she acts, you'd think she grew up with ghosts.