I Want To Get The Most Out Of PCSX2
Like the dolphin when you enhance the graphics most games don't even look like gamecube games anymore.

So I was wondering what can I do to max out everything on PCSX2.

PC Specs:

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.50GHz
8gb ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 670

Sponsored links

Seeing as we have similar specs and a desire to get the most visually appealing result giving you a straight answer should be easy:
[Image: ZLFoL.png]
[Image: RJfhG.png]

That is my default setting but as you might expect many games will need some tweaks. Crash Twinsanity and Wrath of Cortex for example needed skipdraw set to 3 and 4 respectively to remove 'boxes' and games like GoW and SOTC are too demanding to remain at a stable 60fps at 6x native res, so I set it to 4x. I got i5-3570k @ 3.40ghz.

If you're as picky as I am you might want to move the camera and see if you're getting any ghosting, tapping f5 to scroll through interlacing modes. Auto works best for most games but others like Klonoa need a specific mode, in its case 'bob tff'.
Gsdx: http://i.imgur.com/udhPu.png

Windows 7 64-bit
Intel i5-3570k @ 3.40Ghz
Nvidia GeForce GTX670 DirectCU II
8Gb Ram
Thanks bro! Looks a lot better now!
isn't 6x scaling too much?

you need a really powerful machine to get normal speed at 6x scaling. my machine is powerful and i can barely run it at 2x scaling with normal speed. if i use 3x scaling then there are lags. i did tests on a game which was quite demanding
Not for him its not. He has a GTX 670 in his system. He is plenty good for it. Hell even I can run most games at 6x native res decently fine for the most part with a lesser card. I think your machine isn't as powerful as you think it is then. If its struggling to do 2x native. Yeah you PC isn't that strong. I got a 2 GB 6950 in my system.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
i know there are more powerful machines than mine, but it is powerful enough for me. i am getting normal speed in my games when i run it at custom scaling. there are lags from time to time in the demanding scenes in the games but the speed goes back up again when these scenes are over. i am patient so i am not bothered by those lags
6x is too much, right. While it may work with a gtx670 in most games and most of the time, there will be moments when memory allocation goes through the roof.
Stay a 4x for most games.
6x worked wonders for me but it makes marvel nemesis go slow gunna go stick with 4x and see what happens.

Edit: still...I guess it's just one of those games that wont work with the emu I guess

But I'll keep it at 4x.
(11-18-2012, 04:04 PM)rama Wrote: 6x is too much, right. While it may work with a gtx670 in most games and most of the time, there will be moments when memory allocation goes through the roof.
Stay a 4x for most games.

Most games I played through on 6x did not go below 60fps but as you said there are moments in other games where that is not the case, notable when the fire truck in GTA-SA hoses in your direction and fills the screen with watery mist. Drops my fps to 10.

It all comes down to how many of these moments a game has and your patience. GOW slows down every time I slam the blades in my direction, and in that case I lower it to x4.
Gsdx: http://i.imgur.com/udhPu.png

Windows 7 64-bit
Intel i5-3570k @ 3.40Ghz
Nvidia GeForce GTX670 DirectCU II
8Gb Ram