I am dense, so please help
Hey all!

I just downloaded the emulator (version 0.9.7) because I wanted to play around with some old-school games that remind me of the good times, and some other games I thought would be good fun.
However, I'm quite inexperienced when it comes to computers, so i have no idea where to get the actual games themselves!
I understand you guys don't like pirates, and I respect that, so I'm not asking for ROMS or .iso's or anything illegal.

I just genuinely don't know where to go!!

Here's a list of games I was planning on getting if it helps (been through the compatibility list ^_^):

Avatar - The Last Airbender - Burning Earth
Bouncer, The
Capcom Classics Collection
Devil May Cry 2
Disgaea - Hour of Darkness
Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 + 3
Fifa 2008
Final Fantasy X
Full Metal Alchemist and The Broken Angel
God of War 1 + 2
Gran Turismo 3 A-spec
GTA - San Andreas
I-Ninja
King of Fighters 2006
Kingdom Hearts
Monopoly Party
Mortal Kombat - Deadly Alliance
Naruto - Ultimate Ninja 2
NBA Street 2
Sega Genesis Collection
Smackdown - Just Bring It
Smackdown - Shut Your Mouth
Soul Calibur II
Tekken 4
Tetris Worlds
Worms Forts Under Siege
WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2007/2008/2009
Yugioh - The Beginning of Destiny

Extensive list I know.

Side note: would there happen to be a PS1 emulator you'd recommend?

Many thanks,

mranonymity

Sponsored links

Feel even more dense, because I think I just found out how it works.
Effectively, the PC works as a PS2 in the sense that the discs need to be placed in the CD/DVD drive. I think.

If this is true, then damn. That means I'll still need to go and find all the games elsewhere.

Correct me if I'm being stupid

Well for me, I advice you to make an iso out of your games so that pcsx2 won't need to read from the disc every time you play.
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz
Vid Card: Geforce 9400GT
yes damn, you just stated that you want to use pirated copies.

Evil you.
Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps
start here http://pcsx2.net/guide.php

And yes, you'll need your PS2 to extract the bios from, and your PS2 game to turn them into isos
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Quote:"If this is true, then damn. That means I'll still need to go and find all the games elsewhere."

Why don't people realize you can't discuss pirating software?

As for a PSX emu, try ePSXe. I think it's the only one they still keep up to date. With that application you will still need to own the original games and a PSX to extract the BIOS from.
I don't think he was thinking of pirating games. My guess is that he thought the emulator was preloaded with games. It's not unheard of. In his own words "I am dense..."
[Image: signature.jpg]
(10-01-2010, 05:39 PM)bmxtiger Wrote:
Quote:"If this is true, then damn. That means I'll still need to go and find all the games elsewhere."

Why don't people realize you can't discuss pirating software?

As for a PSX emu, try ePSXe. I think it's the only one they still keep up to date. With that application you will still need to own the original games and a PSX to extract the BIOS from.

Why do you think he's talking about pirating?
(09-30-2010, 10:27 PM)mranonymity Wrote: I understand you guys don't like pirates, and I respect that, so I'm not asking for ROMS or .iso's or anything illegal.

(09-30-2010, 10:32 PM)mranonymity Wrote: Effectively, the PC works as a PS2 in the sense that the discs need to be placed in the CD/DVD drive. I think.

If this is true, then damn. That means I'll still need to go and find all the games elsewhere.

Cause his statements sound a little bit weird, he knows that roms and stuff are illegal, but what does he mean with "find the games elsewhere (cause pcsx2 needs the discs)"?

The only legal way to use pcsx2 is that you have the discs and use them /or isos you made yourself.
Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps
Right...

Ok this thread served it's purpose I think.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64