I am worried about my pc!
PCSX2 can't damage your computer. However, it IS a very demanding program, and like all demanding programs, it can reveal flaws in your hardware that aren't noticeable when the components aren't being used heavily. This is why I suggested a stress test.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

Is this stress test safe to use?

Thanks
(08-23-2014, 09:37 PM)nazoom Wrote: Is this stress test safe to use?

Thanks

if youre hardware gets enough cooling from fans it is safe to use.
(08-23-2014, 09:37 PM)nazoom Wrote: Is this stress test safe to use?

Thanks

Stress tests are supposed to stress, as the name evidently says. So if your hardware was meant to break down, it will during a stress test. For that to be the case though, it will either have to be faulty or worn down from aging or extreme overclocking, or in some cases, overheating.

Either way, you can't sue us Tongue2
This problem only happened once so far but I am worried it might happen again!!

I don't wish to sue anyone so relax people.

Is their another test that scans the CPU for damage? I came across one feature that was with my old pc I was running Vista and i can test the RAM and CPU for damage.

Thanks
(08-24-2014, 12:28 AM)nazoom Wrote: This problem only happened once so far but I am worried it might happen again!!

I don't wish to sue anyone so relax people.

Is their another test that scans the CPU for damage? I came across one feature that was with my old pc I was running Vista and i can test the RAM and CPU for damage.

Thanks

If your CPU was damaged your computer would not boot. 1 bad transistor out of billions would be enough to render a CPU nothing more than bits of scrap metal and plastic. Now RAM, that is a different matter. RAM could have bad blocks that cause faults when accessed/written to. There are memtest applications you can run from boot that will take their sweet time to test your RAM sticks for block integrity by utilising different data patterns to spot problems. The more GB of RAM you have though the longer it will take.
So there are no other CPU tests? What about a log or something that windows generate when there is a fault in the CPU and other components?
(08-24-2014, 12:34 AM)nazoom Wrote: So there are no other CPU tests? What about a log or something that windows generate when there is a fault in the CPU and other components?

As i told you before, if your CPU had a single fault you wouldn't even be here asking right now. Maybe your computer just had a random seizure, ***** happens sometimes. If i had a nickel for all the times i've had the oddest things happen on my computer. Just a few days ago when i opened Firefox my whole computer stopped responding, couldn't close programs at all even though i could interact with them, and i couldn't open any new ones either. I couldn't even get it to close from the power button and i had to pull the plug.

It's probably a one-time thing. I would only start worrying if it happens repeatedly.
Prime95,OCCTPT,intel burn test, Linx all good cpu tests * these will push cpu beyond nomral use and cause more heat*

Memtest.org for memory tests

Look at your event viewer

Also Extrnal HDD cant be open and closed. they be connected and discounted.

DVD/CD drives can be opened and closed, but if that is open closing i would start checking for malware/virus as if you got pcsx2 from this site then pcsx2 isnt the cause and something else on your pc is
(08-23-2014, 07:22 PM)nazoom Wrote: When the cpu froze the screen turned black for a second and then came back to normally operating nothing was closed or shutdown. And then win 7 notified me that the AMD cpu was shutdown and recovered.

This sounds more like the standard Windows "GPU driver crashed and was restored" error message.

Thats a GPU error not CPU, most likely caused by a error in the GPU driver or in some rare cases a faulty PSU, nothing to really worry about if it only happend once.

You could try and update your GPU drivers just in case.