I can't run these games 100% why?
K, my computer specs are in my PM/Sig thingy.
I'm looking to run the following 2 games at 100% speed and i'm having no luck:
Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus
Tekken 5

I'm fairly confident GGXX should be done because all the other 2d fighters i've tried i.e:
MvC2
CvS2
KoF 98 (3d backgrounds and still runs better then GGXX)
KoF XI
Capcom fighting evolution
All run at full speed.

Tekken 5 i'm not too sure about, but i've seen posts around on youtube that supposedly can do it with specs unbelievably lower then mine.

My apologies for posting such a dodgy broad topic, but i honestly did try everything i could thing of before posting

OK ONTO MY SETTINGS, i'll keep this section updated with requests you guys give me with the outcomes
GGXX current peak speed (70% supposidly)
Tekken 5 current peak speed (50% before gameplay + graphics break)

Build: 1474

GRAPHICS:
Direct3D10 (hardware)
Interlacing: None
Aspect ratio: 4:3
D3D internal res: Native
Texture filtering: ON
Wait Vsync: OFF
Edge Anti-aliasing: OFF
Enable output merger blur effect: ON
Logaritmic Z: OFF
Alpha Correction: ON

CPU:
EEREC - ON
VU0 - ON
VU1 - ON
Micro VU0 - OFF
Micro VU1 - OFF
Multi threaded GS mode - ON

Speed hacks i tend to leave as the difference is minimal but any combinations that work is good

Advanced: All Default

Cheers guys!
ASUS X56Vseries:
Windows Vista Ultimate x86
Duo T9400 (2 x 2.53 Ghz)
4GB DDR3 RAM
ATI HD 3650 (512mb)

Sponsored links

your CPU is the bottleneck, here. tekken 5 is very demandinG.

And youtube videos aren't reliable about what you should obtain with one rig or another
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Ok, well i can accept tekken 5 seeing as it's entirely 3d, but GGXX? Doesn't it stand to reason that it should be an easy run seeing as it's all 2D?
ASUS X56Vseries:
Duo T9400 (2 x 2.53 Ghz)
4GB DDR3 RAM
ATI HD 3650 (512mb)
You cant make those assumptions like that. Not all 2d games are easy to emulate as they're not made in the same engine they can be a pain to emulate, right now you're seeing one of those apparently Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Well
that sucks

thanks Smile
ASUS X56Vseries:
Duo T9400 (2 x 2.53 Ghz)
4GB DDR3 RAM
ATI HD 3650 (512mb)
(08-04-2009, 02:10 PM)jesalvein Wrote: your CPU is the bottleneck, here. tekken 5 is very demanding.
no, it's their GPU, I'm pulling 30 on a 2.2 with an 8600GT. never owned an ati, never want to, but I can say with some confidence that the CPU isn't the issue.

and the beta could be partially at fault here too, later SVNs have fixed a CPU-split problem where only one core is being used
(a) The CPU split bug, at worst reduced 4-core CPUs to 3 cores. On C2Ds it resulted in a very minor performance loss of less than 1% (although apparently it caused more havoc on AMD dual core CPUs, but that's not relevant for this case since it's a C2D).

(b) when emulating a PS2, "pretty" 2D games are often just as slow or slower than 3D games, because they require lots of video bandwidth. The PS2 has very little video memory -- a whopping 4MB, half of which is the framebuffer -- but lots of video bandwidth for uploading textures (this is the opposite design of PCs). So for 2D games with big juicy backgrounds to, well, display and animate those big juicy backgrounds, the developers have to literally re-upload lots of crap to the PS2's texture memory on every frame. There's no easy way for PCSX2 to detect and cache these operations (which are referred to as texture swizzles), so it ends up re-swizzling megs of textures every frame.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(08-11-2009, 08:34 PM)Air Wrote: (a) The CPU split bug, at worst reduced 4-core CPUs to 3 cores. On C2Ds it resulted in a very minor performance loss of less than 1% (although apparently it caused more havoc on AMD dual core CPUs, but that's not relevant for this case since it's a C2D).

Had the same hit on my (Intel) Pentium dual, using 1611 that I modified it ran much faster. for certain, over more than just my own pc/amds this was a problem. glad it's fixed
sorry to necro this thread, but with the latest revision Guilty Gear X2 runs wonderfully now if anyone's interested. I <3 this game by the way, and thanks PCSX2 team for making it happen!

(make sure to enable 8-bit textures, it takes a ~20% framerate hit with it off.)
AMD Phenom II 965BE @ 3.4Ghz
8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6750
Windows 7 64 bit