I'd like to get involved, but I don't know where to start...
So, I'm new to the forum as a member, but I've used it to get oriented and setup and can run most games with little to no slow down, making 45-50 FPS on FF12, which is more than adequate for gameplay IMHO. I've progressed from a pirate to a practical emulator user over the years (steady finances and torrent blocking by my isp go a long ways towards honest consumer status), and have been jamming out since ZSNES still ran on MS-DOS. I'd like to say that this is a fantastic effort, programmers - from what I can tell, the slow downs are unavoidable, and due to my machine, not your emulator.

Back to the topic at hand, I'd like to become more involved in this community as a whole. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some textbook resources I could pick up to help better understand the ins and outs of emulator development and coding. I've got some basic programming skills (rusty but there) , and would like to pursue this as a hobby as much as anything else. Any responses are welcome and I'm looking forward to becoming an active member of your community. Biggrin

Sponsored links

If you Google how to make an emulator, there is some nice guides about to get you going Smile there should be one with 'how to ' in caps, that's quite a good one Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]