I give up I dont get it.
yea most probably Smile (since he has an i7 Laugh)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja

Sponsored links

I wonder, do you use software or hardware renderer with GSDX?, if it's not a problem can you post your settings and sorry for asking too much, your ATI catalyst settings? what version of catalyst are you using?
I have an HD4870 and most games work fine except for the ones that are not playable at 60 constant fps everywhere.
Well i've tried FFX-2 and it runs 60 fps outside the battles, scratch that, if it werent for the frame limit it goes so fast its unplayable, but here comes a battle and boom it runs like thrash, then we have shadow of the collossus, I've seen people with rigs not as powerful as mine running it at freaking 100%, and thats not cool Sad for me at least, good for them, now explain me what the hell are you doing :cry:?, i've tried those two, didnt bother trying FFXII cuz i finished already and it'll probably run like crap too, and i only have those 3 games i took from my brother back home to try them on my pc... aww this sucks Sad
I have a similar issue of having speed problems playing PS2 isos/games and I was hoping if anyone could give further insight for any improvement. I have read the guides and stickies on this forum and I used the recommended settings they provided.

Right now I have GOW and MGS3: Subsistence. And here's the rundown on both games being tested:

Games:

GOW: 25 - 40 FPS
MGS3: 25 FPS on some VFX sequences, a decent 60 FPS (for Menu/Codec) and areas without too much rendering.

Configuration:

Graphics: GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41) 0.1.14 (config below)
- Windowed
- Direct3D9 (Hardware)
- Pixel Shader 3.0
- Interlacing: None
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 (Monitor is 22 inch wide)
- D3D internal res (Native checked)
- NLOOP hack (transparent checked)
- Texture filtering (transparent checked)
- Wait vsync (unchecked)
- Enable tv-out (unchecked)
- Logarithmic Z (unchecked)
- Alpha correction FBA (checked)

Sound: SPU2-X 1.1.0
First Controller: SSSPSX PAD Plugin Pressure Mod 1.7.0 (Great PS3 controller compatibility)
Bios: USA v02.00(14/06/2004) Console

CPU Config:

Frame Limiting: Limit (MGS3: Goes over 80FPS in some scenes so this is checked)
EERec - EE/IOP recompiler: checked
VU Recompliers: all checked
Multi threaded GS mode: checked

Speed hacks:

- Use x2 Cycle Rate
- INTC Sync Hack (checked)
- Enable IOP x2 Cycle Rate (checked)

Advanced Options:

EE Recs Options:

- Round Mode: Chop/Zero
- Clamp Mode: None
- Flush to Zero + Denormals are Zero (checked)

VC Recs Options: Same as EE Recs Options.

PC SPECS: (signature)

Any tweaks or help that may improve gameplay will be appreciated.
Specs:

Processor: Core2duo E7400 - 2.80GHz
MB: Asus P5Q-SE
RAM: 3.25GB of RAM
GFX: XFX Nvidia 9600GT 512MB
try enable everything on the right of speed hack. Enable x3 cycle rate also help the speed. I have 3.2Ghz Q6600 and 512 HD4870 with 8Gb Ram. I run everything just at a decent speed (40-50fps)
Thanks for the quick response agentghost, I tried that but it just crashes. I also know that the CPU is also the main issue here. Since u got 3.2Ghz which puts you in a considerable advantage for the PCSX2, games tend to run more smoothly, I even checked youtube videos out and most the decent tests were done with processors 3.0Ghz or above. Just hoping my 2.8Ghz could suffice but unfortunately didn't. I also tried using my EPU-4 Engine settings to High Performance (I guess this is the official Asus overclocking program) but with little or no improvement.
Specs:

Processor: Core2duo E7400 - 2.80GHz
MB: Asus P5Q-SE
RAM: 3.25GB of RAM
GFX: XFX Nvidia 9600GT 512MB
maybe try vista? I also had some issues with windows xp. But it seems dx10 can run some games better. So, I now using dual boot with vista only for pcsx2 and it's working much better. At least the game ICO works in dx10 but not dx9.
Windows 7 x64
Intel G2020 2.9GHz, 4GB RAM, Nvidia GT630GT 2048mb
Weird I have the same card but my games work fine. Shadow of Colossus(speedhack X3, DX10) runs great on my rig.
(04-13-2009, 09:25 AM)Ricochet Wrote: Thanks for the quick response agentghost, I tried that but it just crashes. I also know that the CPU is also the main issue here. Since u got 3.2Ghz which puts you in a considerable advantage for the PCSX2, games tend to run more smoothly, I even checked youtube videos out and most the decent tests were done with processors 3.0Ghz or above. Just hoping my 2.8Ghz could suffice but unfortunately didn't. I also tried using my EPU-4 Engine settings to High Performance (I guess this is the official Asus overclocking program) but with little or no improvement.

your cpu isn't exactly bad. C2D's can usually overclock 1GHZ over on stock volt and stock heatsink. Yes I"ve done it for over a year =D. Im pretty sure a 200 or 400mhz overclock is not going to hurt at all. Just always make sure to stress test after and check temps.

You actually have a better processor than me but I squeezed every performance i can out of mine. I am sure i can go more, but I found the sweet spot for mine.

My processor is a E6750 @ 3.6GHZ (stock is 2.66) 1.33V

just for the record, GOW and MGS3 run pretty bad lol.

final fantasy X runs perfect, XII is running perfectly. I have not tried X-2 yet.
ChenZen - A blog for games, technology, gadgets, anime, manga, music, or about anything else that interests the average geek.