I guess Ratchet and clank is not Playable at all
So...after the thousands of patches,fixes,updates of pcsx2 is it possible to play this fuc..ing game without the Texture glitch ? I don't want to play in software mode it looks so,so bad and it's even slower, I could play on it only if there is a method to speed it up ...so can I play ratchet and clank(1) in hardware mode without the glitch or not Sad ?

Sponsored links

no

Apart from your PS2, of course
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-30-2014, 06:33 AM)xderby Wrote: So...after the thousands of patches,fixes,updates of pcsx2 is it possible to play this xxx..xxx game without the Texture glitch ? I don't want to play in software mode it looks so,so bad and it's even slower, I could play on it only if there is a method to speed it up ...so can I play ratchet and clank(1) in hardware mode without the glitch or not Sad ?

what's your system specs to start with ?

i can play it, ye theirs some minor bugs (probably on the games code side) and it can get a tiny bit slow on the odd occasion (which can aid you in battles) but other than that it's playable

just follow the guides on how to rip your bios
then either stick the disc in your pc, or make an iso with img burn (which should work better than the disc)

or alternatively just play it on your ps2 like jesalvein said Wink
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)
the reason it's slower is because you haven't configured a thing. Software mode can be faster than hardware mode if you configure it right.
I'm halfway through the game on my pc. I get some slowdowns, but it's not unplayable by any means.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(04-30-2014, 03:17 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: I'm halfway through the game on my pc. I get some slowdowns, but it's not unplayable by any means.

It's not.
but if the OP wan't stand the texture glitch...

And after all, his main question was
Quote:so can I play ratchet and clank(1) in hardware mode without the glitch or not
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yeah, sadly mip mapping hasn't been implemented in the HW renderer. My recommendation for ratchet is to play the HD version on a ps3.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(04-30-2014, 02:40 PM)Saiki Wrote: the reason it's slower is because you haven't configured a thing. Software mode can be faster than hardware mode if you configure it right.

Lol,how ? I have 50 fps on hardware mode and 25 on software. Teach me my master (no joke). My pc is :

AMD PHENOM II X6 1090T
8 GB RAM DDR3
GTX 560
Try increasing the number of extra rendering threads in software mode.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
(04-30-2014, 05:25 PM)recoder Wrote: Try increasing the number of extra rendering threads in software mode.

Done,helped but still 10x worse than in hardware .