I have 2 different ps2s, which bios to use?
Hey guys, just found this whole emulator thing today, and wanted to try playing some good ole FFX, my question is, I have 2 ps2s, one bought in the states, and another that I bought off of eBay from Europe. Now I wanted to play my international version of FFX (Since theres about 10x more things to do than the US version), and was wondering if it'd make a difference if I used the 2006 US BIOs, versus using the 2004 Int/PAL Bios that i've got. Sorry if this is a silly question, but im not that computer literate.

Thanks!

Sponsored links

That wont change anything
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
If you need a game that requires full boot (there isn't many) then use the appropriate region, otherwise it really doesn't matter.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Works for me, thanks guys!
so as not to create endless threads on the same subject, i thought i'd ask the devs in this one

so i was curious about this subject as-well, but in a different way, i'e is their any difference in the picture quality, as obviously one system uses ntsc and the other pal

thinking back to the snes i remember their being a difference in framerate, something like 60hz vs 50hz
and needing a ntsc to pal converter which didn't work that well, i'e colours where different and the picture could be a bit blurred

yes i know a pc doesn't have that problem, but still the actual systems are different, is that solved by Pcsx2?

reason i ask is i was thinking of buying some games from the us, and was curious as to whether they would have a grainy/blurred/worse picture and if the framerate would be better seeing as the us version uses 60hz

and yes i would be buying a us ps2 as-well
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)