I have a problem with pcsx2 1.0.0 help me
Hello and i apologize for the inconvenience : my pcsx is very very slow and i have an acer aspire 5750g with an NVIDIA GEFORCE GT520M 1GB, INTEL CORE I3, RAM 4 GB, HDD 320, how did i can for speed my pcsx. I would like to play to Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3

Sponsored links

get a decent PC with a decent CPU and that should be ok.
those 2 games are very demanding and a dual core CPU @ 2.4 Ghz won't cut it.

Still, you can set your windows power plan to high performance and keep gsdx internal res to native.
think about using some speedhacks (tick all the recommended ones, try the others 1 by 1)

But you'd better keep playing those games on your PS2 for now since I really doubt you'll get enjoyable speeds...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-29-2013, 09:53 PM)jesalvein Wrote: get a decent PC with a decent CPU and that should be ok.
those 2 games are very demanding and a dual core CPU @ 2.4 Ghz won't cut it.

Still, you can set your windows power plan to high performance and keep gsdx internal res to native.
think about using some speedhacks (tick all the recommended ones, try the others 1 by 1)

But you'd better keep playing those games on your PS2 for now since I really doubt you'll get enjoyable speeds...

sorry for my ignorance but i think that my ram and my intel core i3(quadcore) may suffice
i3 is nt quad core its dual core with ability of making 4 thread
Tick Mtvu multi threaded vu hack in speedhacks
Enable recommended speedhacks
Set aspect ratio to widescreen in Gs Window tab
use native resolution
try different direct3d renderes see which works best for you
tick-untick allow 8 bit textures (in some games slow,in some games fast)
tick Enable hw hacks-configure
Set skipdraw to 1
in video plugin setting

u'll sure get playable speed in these games,cheers Smile
(06-30-2013, 06:08 PM)enzuccio94 Wrote: sorry for my ignorance but i think that my ram and my intel core i3(quadcore) may suffice

I3 CPUs are dual core CPUs. They can just have 2 logical threads per core... my i7 registers as 8 cores under windows yet is a quad core with 2 threads per core.

Regardless, it has nothing to do with your RAM, but your CPU clockrate. For decent speeds on most games you want at LEAST 3GHz. 2.4 wont cut it, especially for the more demanding games.

(06-30-2013, 06:17 PM)Preet Wrote: u'll sure get playable speed in these games,cheers Smile

Thats not true there preet. MGS 2 and 3 are both quite demanding on the CPU, and a dual core 2.4GHz will not be able to reach full fps in them. Now I know you only said playable speeds, but the nature of these 2 games really needs full speed. This is why we keep telling people that there is no generalised settings for games. You seem to be under the impression thatthose setting alone will get playable speeds on all games. They wont.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
(06-30-2013, 06:17 PM)Preet Wrote: Tick Mtvu multi threaded vu hack in speedhacks
Enable recommended speedhacks
Set aspect ratio to widescreen in Gs Window tab
use native resolution
try different direct3d renderes see which works best for you
tick-untick allow 8 bit textures (in some games slow,in some games fast)
tick Enable hw hacks-configure
Set skipdraw to 1
in video plugin setting

u'll sure get playable speed in these games,cheers Smile

Might as well put some arrows pointing at your signature, cause i don't see what different between "that" and your newbie "guide". Besides, with a computer like that it's unlikely he'd get any decent speed for the MGS series.
And i don't mean to sound negative, despite the contradiction here, but your guide IS NOT A GENERAL RULE FOR EVERY GAME IN THE WORLD. Can you please get that in your head. And stop suggesting that damn skipdraw hack, there's no point in using it all the time unless there's a problem that could be solved with using it.
(06-30-2013, 07:02 PM)Coornio Wrote: Might as well put some arrows pointing at your signature, cause i don't see what different between "that" and your newbie "guide". Besides, with a computer like that it's unlikely he'd get any decent speed for the MGS series.
And i don't mean to sound negative, despite the contradiction here, but your guide IS NOT A GENERAL RULE FOR EVERY GAME IN THE WORLD. Can you please get that in your head. And stop suggesting that damn skipdraw hack, there's no point in using it all the time unless there's a problem that could be solved with using it.

Quotes just to emphasise. Especially the skipdraw hack usage.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
(06-30-2013, 07:02 PM)Coornio Wrote: Might as well put some arrows pointing at your signature, cause i don't see what different between "that" and your newbie "guide". Besides, with a computer like that it's unlikely he'd get any decent speed for the MGS series.

i'm not explaining my configuration guide here
i'm just trying to help as much as i know
u can't comment at this
this is not your thread
so better to stay far from me :>
Let op answer
I request any of the moderators to Give coornio warning
because he directly flammed me in this thread
now this becoming worse & worse
u flammed me in every thread
i already reported u'r posts in some threads
so plz any moderator give this user a warning level
(06-30-2013, 07:11 PM)Preet Wrote: i'm not explaining my configuration guide here
i'm just trying to help as much as i know
u can't comment at this
this is not your thread
so better to stay far from me :>
Let op answer
I request any of the moderators to Give coornio warning
because he directly flammed me in this thread
now this becoming worse & worse
u flammed me in every thread
i already reported u'r posts in some threads
so plz any moderator give this user a warning level

http://www.techterms.com/definition/flaming

What i'm doing is not in any way flaming. In fact, your admittance to reporting my posts in grounds of "flaming" when it clearly isn't can be interpreted as such. In another reply, i mentioned that you "can't take a hint". It's actually a spot-on comment, since you keep proving that you don't want to listen to what others think unless they praise you in some way.

Besides, i'm not the only one sharing the idea that you've taken it upon yourself to be the know-it-all/do-my-best/leave-me-alone-hater good-guy on these forums. Your over-jealous need to help everyone and reply everywhere even when you don't have something useful to say is rather irritating, for me personally anyway.

Enough off-topic though. If we must continue this, let there be a proper thread elsewhere.